App versus website

Hello, I’m just wondering how many forum users are experiencing discrepancies between the app & the website? And whether or not the browser used affects the experience?

For example, I currently have no photos appearing on Chrome but do on Edge; password for this forum is recognised by Chrome but not Edge.
Messages which appear on website do not appear app for at least 18 hours; when I return to sits that I saved as Favourite in order to apply do not appear on the app but do on the website; a delay in notifications of new saved sits.
I have been told it must be my computer/phone but I have seen other reports from other members.

Maybe if we register problems here the tech team will have a clearer picture to attempt to correct the system.

3 Likes

Hi @ELNF - It is well known that there are many differences as to what can be done and seen on the App compared to the website. THS are aware of most already but it is always worth letting them know if you spot anything new.

It has been discussed at length here

@Colin That is true, however, it looks to me like all they do is blame my settings.
Nothing they have suggested makes a blind bit of difference

1 Like

It is frustrating when someone says it’s your settings, when really it’s a bug. Though I think people are always surprised how often “restart your device” fixes things.

Anyway, I agree in crowdsourcing. Let’s try to clarify the issues you’re seeing, and I’ll see if I can reproduce them on my end. People can learn from our attempts.

Are the issues below correct?

• (photos don’t appear on Chrome)
    • (but they do on Edge)
    • (are you on a PC/Windows machine?)
  • (your TH forum password doesn’t work on Edge) (so you can’t log in?)
    • (but it works on Chrome)
  • (messages on the app take 18+ hours to appear compared to website)
    • (messages? like an HO replying to you about a sit application?)
  • (you save a sit as Favourite, but then you can’t see it on the app)
    • (are you saving the sit on the app, or on the website?)
  • (“a delay in notifications of new saved sits”)
    • (can you clarify?)
    • (we may need an HO to help us debug this :sweat_smile: )

FYI, I’m a new sitter running a Mac/iPhone, but I’ll help as I can. We should be able to make progress on most of these. =)

Hi @geoff.hom and thanks for helping ELNF with this. I can in the meantime provide feedback on messages not appearing on the app… this is a bug that’s been escalated so we will update on forum (I’ll bookmark here on this thread too) and we’re hoping for a quick fix on this.

The team are continually looking to align the web and the app and there have been a lot of updates this year, so we should maybe look at a review of the “App vs Website Differences” thread Colin mentions above to see what’s been changed. Will run that by the team for an update :slight_smile:

2 Likes