Beautiful Bridges

Hubby paddling on the Dordogne, 2019

6 Likes

London Bridge!

One thing I make effort to do if it’s available is go on one of those open top tour buses. I get an all day, sometimes multiple day, hop on hop off tour bus and go up on top.
It is such a rush! I stand up like Kate on Titanic and I feel like I’m flying!
Get to see and feel so much of the aliveness of a city, the people and culture.

7 Likes

Wonderful photos, @Amparo! The bridge is actually Tower Bridge, not London Bridge. My daughter’s flat is located close to it and I frequently confused the two bridges when she first moved to London. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you. You would think I know that :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Queensferry Crossing over the Forth, Fife to Lothian. I copied it.

6 Likes

The three bridges over the Forth. Each built in a different century. Railway bridge 19th century
Forth Road bridge 20th century
Queensferry Crossing 21st century.

5 Likes

Golden Gate Bridge … 2013 America’s Cup

7 Likes

Rotterdam and Natchez

5 Likes

Our visit during one of several pet sits in the Cotswolds.

4 Likes

Fabulous photos and even better during the America’s Cup! :+1:t2::grinning:

Here are a few of the Golden Gate from one of our many trips there, these ones are from January 2020. I must admit I do like taking photos of this bridge! :sweat_smile: It’s probably my favourite bridge along with Bixby (pictured below) which is another amazing bridge.

6 Likes

@Foldor13 A really fascinating area to visit. Love Ironbridge.

1 Like

We are currently in Mostar and I have wanted to see this bridge for a long time! My first reaction was ‘WOW!!’
The Stari Most or Mostar Bridge is a rebuilt Ottoman bridge in the city of Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina that crosses the river Neretva and connects the two parts of the city. The Old Bridge stood for 427 years, until it was destroyed on November 9th 1993 by Croatian Defence Council during the Croat-Bosniak War. Subsequently, a project was set in motion to reconstruct it and the rebuilt bridge opened on July 23rd 2004.
The last photo shows a local bridge diver which draws large crowds to see them perform their death-defying leaps into the Neretva river below. It is not something you should decide to do willy-nilly because the waters are dangerous, and many people have been injured or even killed by merely deciding to try it for themselves. If you do decide to do it for yourself you will need permission and you then obtain training from the local jumpers!

8 Likes

WOW!
artworks-000234821424-r2z0zt-t500x500
Absolutely stunning!
Good on you!

2 Likes

Thank you @Samox24 I have wanted to “visit” that bridge for many years … you took me there and I thank you.

Stunning :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

This is the Windsor Suspension Bridge in Gibraltar, located within the Upper Rock Nature Reserve. It measures 71m long and connects the banks of a 50 metre long gorge. From it you can observe views of the entire city, bay and strait. :gibraltar:

4 Likes

@Samox24 great photos! We got married in Gibraltar and did the cable cars and the restaurant at the top, but not this bridge! We have it on our list when we go back one day. Great reminder and what a shot to recreate.

2 Likes

Bridge of Sighs in Cambridge UK seen on our punting tour.

3 Likes

Thank you @Carla and what a fabulous place to get married! :heart::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Carla You must come and do punting in Oxford, it’s always great crazy fun! :sweat_smile::slightly_smiling_face:

@Samox24 When I am back in the UK I will definitely take you up on that offer. It was my one and only time punting and I would love to try it again. Our guide was brilliant very knowledgable and fun with it.