Breaking Into The THS Scene

Well I am thrilled to now be a part of this group. At last we can travel knowing the fur babies are safe and sound.
I have posted my first request for a sitter.
We currently only travel in Australia due to my hubby’s health. I have my fingers and toes crossed that some one will reply.
We live in the heart of Northeast Victoria which is simply stunning.
Our holiday is in 3 weeks, which is cutting it fine to find a siter.
Any hints or tips would be greatly accepted.

3 Likes

Hello @60yearsyoung and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

It would be great if you could add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra exposure!

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

Hi @60yearsyoung In an effort to assist you I have added your profile link to your forum profile so that other members can see your profile and offer suggestion on how to improve so that you can maximize the probability of getting quality sitters.

I love your forum profile handle name! Just a few suggestions to start with on your profile would be

• Editing your profile title to sound more enticing (region, how many pets?)
  • Swap out the first photo with one that is maybe in the garden? loveliest room in the home with the dogs?
  • Would it be possible to re-do the photo of the bed so that it includes the whole bedroom?
  • Please include a photo of the bathroom the sitters would be using.
  • I don’t think the photo of you in ski gear serves a purpose for sitters looking to see what type of home/accommodation you will be providing for sitters.

Just a few suggestions to start I don’t want to overwhelm. You have such charming pets and you show off the photos of them so well!

1 Like

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your advice!

I will take some more pictures over the next day and reload!

I actually did that profile very late the night I found the sight. Those pictures leave a lot of room for improvement.

Warm regards

1 Like