Changes in the HO & sitters profile?

So many times I see people here asking a homeowner to indicate how long the pets can be left, and finally here is an option to indicate that but it’s not going to be shown on the listing?! And the option ‘pets cannot be alone’'? Is that really a reasonable ask?

3 Likes

I did not know about this until I saw this post. I just updated my sitter profile. It’s disappointing that THS wouldn’t let me know about this.

3 Likes

Answering to myself here…

As I still don’t know when and who will be able to read the pet-section of my welcome guide through my listing on the app, I just deleted that section from my WG (I have a PDF for sitters anyway). Because I strongly doubt the purpose of it won’t be just me being able to read it :woman_shrugging:

The information in the WG is not a secret and I will share the PDF with sitters once confirmed, but there’s still information I don’t want to be available to literally anyone who’s looking my listing.

@Carla I don’t feel at all comofortable with THS doing these kind of modifications, test or not, without informing me first! WG has not been written to be read by just anyone. What else are they going to display on public without my knowledge?

1 Like

Hello, @CatsAndDog I’m happy to help with this one.

Just to reassure you your welcome guide can only be viewed by your confirmed sitters once you have shared it with them and once the sit finishes they will no longer have access to it. It is not public on your listing.

The new questions you see on your edit listing are not shown to anyone else and they do not appear on your listing as it is currently only for collecting data purposes. If the team decide to show any of this information on your listing such as how much my dog weighs or how long can my dog be left for, then we will let you all know.

If that information is added to listings its main purpose would be to help sitters and owners find the best match! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @Carla ! Yes, I do understand the part about the questions.

But still, why do I see the whole pet-section text from my WG on “Preview my listing” -page, when clicking the circular pet photo?

Personally my patience is exhausted. THS keeps changing our profiles and listings without our knowledge, let alone asking us for feedback first so that the changes/tests can avoid a range of problems before you introduce them. If THS doesn’t care about our good will or customer satisfaction, maybe it could care about wasting its own valuable staff time. Please pass that to the tech team and management. Thanks.

3 Likes

@CatsAndDog I had a look at the link to your listing in your forum profile and I can’t see that anywhere, hopefully, that’s a little bit reassuring that it’s not public, but it might be worth contacting Membership Services so they can log in to your account and see what you are seeing and help you further.

@Shella_in_the_Forum I will pass that back for you :slight_smile:

Yes @Carla, I know it’s not public. But it is visible for me, and I’d like to know why.

I don’t think I will contact member suppor, though, as I’ve already deleted the section from my WG. We’ll just need to wait and see, what happens.

That’s where it is in my profile. There’s no text because I deleted it, but I did left the tags from the WG there, so they are showing in the picture.

Frankly, I think having these weird phantom pet specific sections on the app but not on the web, AND not visible on the web, and homeowners can’t edit them or delete them, creates a really icky problem. A sitter could inadvertantly refer to a pet who has long since crossed the rainbow bridge, and creating an awkward silence from the pet parent. A sitter might suspect a Homeowner of lying about the number of pets. As someone who HATES these kinds of awkward interactions, I really wish THS would do something about this.

Hi @Marion
Please do contact membership services with all the details, so they can investigate it further as this does sound strange. This may well be a little bug.

Hi fellow THS homeowners! I was updating a couple lines in my listing and found some new options under the “Responsibilities” section. I’m wondering if I missed a communication announcing these (the last Trusted Times email I have is about the Black Friday sale). I wanted to make this post just to alert others if there was no official communication, and also ask the mods:

• How do these options impact our profile? I don’t see anything different about my listing in the website or Android app. I also don’t see any new relevant filters in the search options, though to be fair I almost never search for housesits as a HO :slight_smile:
  • Re: “How important is it for you to meet your sitter in person, before the sit takes place?”
    • Does this mean meeting in person before confirming or meeting for a handoff? This very strongly impacts my answer. I’m pretty sure it’s the former, but thought I’d ask just in case.
  • How does the last question about pet-alone-time “match” me with sitters? Does it alter the order sitters appear in my search or vice versa? Can sitters see this info at all if it will not appear on my listing? My dog can certainly be left alone for 6+ hours but I worry about attracting sitters who plan to be out all day every day.

Anyway, delighted to see work is being done to get some of this important info specified up front!

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware that THS matches owners and sitters. I thought each just conducted searches. Can an admin please explain?

2 Likes

@Wildcolonialgirl this quote from higher up the thread should help, any more questions just let me know :slight_smile:

I’d prefer not to imagine even more changes. It’s becoming a case of Trigger’s broom!

2 Likes

@Wildcolonialgirl I had to google that reference to ‘Trigger’s broom’ - I then watched a YouTube video - thanks for my belly laugh of the day. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I am just researching this topic now, and found this thread. I’m pretty shocked and frustrated to realize that the “PET” part of my WG shows up on my profile page (through phone app) but NOT on my laptop profile (which is where I do all my writing/editing). I’m wondering if this has anything to do with a bunch of declines for the many invites I’ve sent out this week, and wondering if it is due to seeing SOOOO much information under the PET icon (meant for my confirmed sitters/WG only)??? Why is that info even showing up, but just on my phone app profile? Do sitters see this also? Is it a glitch? I am removing all the detailed info and starting over, with this in mind. And like many other HO’s, I will just put together a detailed PDF file to send sitters (in addition to the new concise version of my WG Pet section, I guess). More unnecessary work.

Very frustrated if the sitters that I have “invited” to sit for me are viewing on their phone, and being overwhelmed with detailed pet info that should only be sent with my WG. If anyone has more info on this, I’d love to know.

1 Like

Apparently the info from WG under the pet section of your listing is not (yet?) visible to anyone else but yourself, but then why on earth it’s there then - no idea :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I would hope that there is someone on team designated to be aware of moving toward a filtering system that doesn’t enable petparents to filter out sitters based on gender, age, religion, ethnicity, disabilities that don’t impact on sitting ability, or the “r” word that rhymmes with face which I’m not even able to use here.

Some filters already do have a direct impact such as the ability to filter by age. But others might work in a way that’s a bit more subtle.