Owner Profiles

Hi Owners; a sitter-only here, with a question for you.

The profiles we create as sitters, do HOs do one too? Maybe those that go with the wee picture of the HO in a listed sit? How do we access profiles of other members? Nothing happens when I touch the picture of the HO in a listing; shouldn’t that link to their profile?

And @Angela would you consider this a suggestion please - that owners have publicly visible profiles like sitters? Or advise that I’m mistaken? Save me posting yet again in that category :hugs:

5 Likes

Hmm :thinking:. If I look at your forum user avatar, I see 2 links. One takes me to the profile you have created on this forum (which may or may not be the same as your owner profile on the THS Website) and the other to your listing as an owner, which currently has no dates. Neither of these are what I mean by an owner profile.
However, I might discover more when I look further.

Yes, exactly. I’m not talking about the forum but the THS Website. When you get sitters applying for your sit, you can look at each of their profiles on the Website to assist in making your choice of sitter.
Do owners have such profiles?

1 Like

@Saltrams @Provence … Owners do not create a personal profile only their listing.

In addition to pet and home details some owners do include personal information however it is not a formal profile, unlike a sitter’s profile.

1 Like

@Angela_L Wish some owners would update their details as often the title and descriptions include old dates. Can be so confusing.

7 Likes

Yep, new as I am, I have noticed this happens a lot
I find it strange, not just because wordsmithery (of course that’s a word) is my stock in trade but also because it gives the impression of carelessness about the sit. A good few owners will be digitally challenged but not as many as I see with bad headlines.
Hmm :thinking:, are there guidelines on how to compile HO listings?

2 Likes

@Saltrams Happens a lot doesn’t it@ You would think that as owners you would want the most recent, accurate information displayed wouldn’t you?

2 Likes

Agreed. I usually draw this to their attention but whether they still don’t always change it.

1 Like

@Saltrams did you ever get feedback on your suggestion for owner profiles? I made the same suggestion yesterday (not realizing you had already asked about it), as I would find it useful but the response was not positive.