COVID-19 vaccine

With the good news now of 2 vaccines from the US in the wings and Oxford’s bringing up the rear, will you or won’t you have a vaccine when available to you?
I certainly will.

2 Likes

Good question! You should make a poll here for people to vote.
Me, no. I’m not in any way an anti-vaccine person but I’m very cautious about a hastily developed response without years of testing behind it.

7 Likes

How do you set up a poll?

Vaccine Update: This news just breaking …

2 Likes

I would wait.
Many labs all over the world, work on it. Don’t feel like to be taken for a “cobaye” (guinea pig?).
Apart from not being allowed to go abroad, to the movies (what i miss), my life has not changed much under Covid. It gives me the opportunity to read more and spend time on this forum…
I was used to work at home, as a free-lance, i don’t fear to be stuck at home a few months more . i don’t risk much, not going out (my husband likes shopping, i don’t)
I prefer to wait tests have been all successful. I’m very anxious about announcements made to get money. I don’t trust labs .
I would think differently If the vaccine was given free.

1 Like

I’m the opposite @Provence with regards to the vaccine and have signed up to volunteer as a guinea pig but haven’t heard back yet. I too hate shopping (although live on my own so have to do it!) but am quite happy during lockdowns - I do lots of exercise and read loads. The main thing I’m not happy about though is the difficulty doing housesits and the fact there are too many sitters for too few sits atm

2 Likes

Well @ Smiley, as i said i miss trips abroad. We usually exchange homes 4times a year, we travel more doing swaps than doing sits…
All types of projects are cancelled… but it could be worse.
Some couples live in tiny homes with their kids, have lost jobs. We’re ok, have no reason to complain.
As soon as the anti flu vaccine has been proposed last month, we have accepted the injection (like last year). As it would be stupid to catch a flu now. Hospitals are full
It’s free for people over 60. Rich or poor. Now all pharmacies have sold out this type of vaccine.
I don’t understand the anti vaccine movement (strong on France)

2 Likes

3 Likes

@Saltrams you should give the advice on “help” topic too…
I did not know. Thanks

Definitely will have it as soon as it’s available.

3 Likes

1 Like

Thanks @Saltrams

1 Like

@Saltrams I haven’t got those settings…where are they please?

1 Like

@Saltrams sorry, found them now!

2 Likes

I’ve gotten the flu vaccine many times. They are never 100% effective.

No problem getting another, especially if the government pays for it.

3 Likes

No vaccine is 100@ effective.

1 Like

Good question, Smiley, very topical!

I’d have it with no qualms, as much to protect others and get us all out of this crazy mess asap as to protect myself. I actually agreed to take part in one of the vaccine trials (not one of the three currently in the news, “my” one is obviously a bit behind them!) I take the view that scientists and doctors are the experts and if they, plus equally-qualified independent bodies like the MHRA, agree it’s safe, then I trust them. Vaccines have saved millions of lives over the years and let’s hope one day getting your annual Covid jab is just another part of our lives.

1 Like

Totally agree. If there’s a vaccine then you have to take it. Can save so many lives.

1 Like

I have confidence that there are no initial side-effects that are covered up by the reputable bodies you mention but it’s the long term effects I’m less confident about.

2 Likes

Finally In 2020 Some Good News To Share

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, paving the way for mass vaccination.

Britain’s medicines regulator, the MHRA, says the jab, which offers up to 95% protection against Covid-19 illness, is safe to be rolled out.

The first doses are already on their way to the UK, with 800,000 due in the coming days, Pfizer said.

2 Likes