COVID-19 vaccine

With the good news now of 2 vaccines from the US in the wings and Oxford’s bringing up the rear, will you or won’t you have a vaccine when available to you?
I certainly will.

3 Likes

Good question! You should make a poll here for people to vote.
Me, no. I’m not in any way an anti-vaccine person but I’m very cautious about a hastily developed response without years of testing behind it.

9 Likes

How do you set up a poll?

Vaccine Update: This news just breaking …

2 Likes

I’m the opposite @Provence with regards to the vaccine and have signed up to volunteer as a guinea pig but haven’t heard back yet. I too hate shopping (although live on my own so have to do it!) but am quite happy during lockdowns - I do lots of exercise and read loads. The main thing I’m not happy about though is the difficulty doing housesits and the fact there are too many sitters for too few sits atm

2 Likes

3 Likes

Definitely will have it as soon as it’s available.

3 Likes

1 Like

Thanks @Saltrams

1 Like

@Saltrams I haven’t got those settings…where are they please?

1 Like

@Saltrams sorry, found them now!

2 Likes

I’ve gotten the flu vaccine many times. They are never 100% effective.

No problem getting another, especially if the government pays for it.

3 Likes

Good question, Smiley, very topical!

I’d have it with no qualms, as much to protect others and get us all out of this crazy mess asap as to protect myself. I actually agreed to take part in one of the vaccine trials (not one of the three currently in the news, “my” one is obviously a bit behind them!) I take the view that scientists and doctors are the experts and if they, plus equally-qualified independent bodies like the MHRA, agree it’s safe, then I trust them. Vaccines have saved millions of lives over the years and let’s hope one day getting your annual Covid jab is just another part of our lives.

1 Like

Totally agree. If there’s a vaccine then you have to take it. Can save so many lives.

2 Likes

I have confidence that there are no initial side-effects that are covered up by the reputable bodies you mention but it’s the long term effects I’m less confident about.

2 Likes

Finally In 2020 Some Good News To Share

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, paving the way for mass vaccination.

Britain’s medicines regulator, the MHRA, says the jab, which offers up to 95% protection against Covid-19 illness, is safe to be rolled out.

The first doses are already on their way to the UK, with 800,000 due in the coming days, Pfizer said.

2 Likes

Brilliant news.

1 Like

Being Canadian, by the time the vaccine will be available here, we will have a good idea of how it has been monitored in UK, USA and Germany and if there was any side effects among the population. I am sure planning to receive it.
I think the first ones to be vaccinated will be elderly citizens and employees of the Health department, It should arrive at my level sometimes in spring. Though we are all eager to start travelling and petsit again, my first trip will be to visit my daughter, son in law, their three dogs, the kitty and "Candee Sweet Bar " the horsy, in Nashville Tennessee. I will then officially celebrate my retirement. Please 2021, come. Please come ! We’re all waiting for you !

4 Likes

Hopefully next week for myself.
Although hubbie will be months away

1 Like

I’m with you Provence, will sit on it and keep my mask on. Have been housesitting locally while being respectful of sanitary guidelines provided by TH. I am in no rush to travel internationally while we are still in the heat of this pandemic. Good health to you and yours!
:wink:

2 Likes