First sitter confirmed!

We just confirmed our first sitter today!

We are very excited to share our home and fur babies with the applicant for our trip in a few months.

We are very thankful to this community forum for being so helpful. There are so many threads to read, advice and insight. It really made this very new process so much easier!

To anyone just joining (we are new Jan 2023) this forum is such a great tool. Be patient, don’t get discouraged and wait for the right applicant. We had a few applications prior that didn’t work for various reasons. Today we confirmed!!!

Just wanted to share in our excitement with those who would understand.

:relaxed:

16 Likes

@SabrinaCam Congratulations! That’s great news :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@SabrinaCam We definitely share your excitement congratulations! I still find each sit confirmation I get super exciting :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations and very best wishes.

2 Likes

Hi @SabrinaCam - Welcome to trusted house sitters. Great to hear that you have found your perfect sitters :grinning:

3 Likes

Well done @SabrinaCam for taking the leap of faith. As a sitter for a couple of years before becoming a home owner last year, we still felt nervous when we were looking for our first sitter. Our heads were full of “what ifs…” but we relaxed and trusted the system and it has worked out perfectly. We have the most amazing sitters in our home for a 5 month sit. We couldn’t be happier while we are off on our grand sitting adventure. Enjoy!

5 Likes

How exciting! I too have just had my first sit application, and am super excited. Not quite sure what to do now!

4 Likes

@Amanda56 that’s great. Now you need to complete your welcome guide so it can be sent to your sitter when you confirm them. It does take some time to do as the THS template is very clunky but it does cover everything you need to tell your sitter about. Don’t be tempted to make up your own WG as we find that home owners who do often leave out really important information like how to operate the TV or appliances or how to turn off the mains water when a faulty tap wouldn’t turn off (all of these are real life examples for us). The more detail the better for you and your sitter as you may not get the chance to do a handover with your sitter or you could be uncontactable urgently due to time zone differences or phone coverage issues. Think of it as not only a guide but also a rule book. What can the sitter not do e.g. please don’t wear shoes in the upstairs area / please don’t use the coffee mugs on the kitchen shelf as they are for display only (again real life examples).

4 Likes

Great news :slight_smile: congratulations!!

1 Like

Hi!
I just got accepted for my first house sitting and I want to respond thanking them for choosing me! I have seen a lot of advice about setting up a phone call or zoom call and a lot of discussing about a welcome guide. I guess my question is what is the best way to respond saying thank you and how to move forward?

3 Likes

Hello @haleigh6484 and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations on securing your first sit, in answer to your question I have attached a thread you might like to have a read of with regards to communication before confirming a sit. I highly recommend that you arrange a video call for instance FaceTime/WhatsApp and at the very least, a telephone call so that you and the homeowner can ask questions and make sure this is a good fit for both parties.

Also, for reference, you can also add your TrustedaHousesitters profile on to your profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This then allows others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We are all more than happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just message them: “Hi Home-owner, Thanks for accepting my application, I’m so pleased to be joining [pets] in [month]. When would be a good time for us to have a phone or video call? I can do [add some dates]. Also, have you prepared your welcome guide yet? If so, please can you share it with me (please go to your Dashboard and then Your Dates and click the Share Welcome Guide button)?”

1 Like

Hi @haleigh6484 @Ketch Just remember the sit has to be officially confirmed via the platform to then be able to share the Welcome Guide. I have attached a link for reference.

Congratuations @haleigh6484 ! That’s great news, but I would encourage you to have a phone or video call before you officially accept and confirm. It’s important to make sure all your questions are answered and that you feel very comfortable before making a commitment.

It is a miracle when the kindness, trust and caring-fit align, I understand, and celebrate with you!

1 Like