Full House Desperation

Hi!

We have a very full house and when we found THS we were so shocked and excited that it seemed too good to be true. Research began.
OMG!!! It’s real!!!

The idea of having the freedom to go on vacation and your kiddos and house are being cared for… YES! Please! What a complete relief!

But unfortunately, we are apparently too much to want to sit. Our house is cozy, not a high-dollar home, but a good home. We have a lot of fur babies, we are a rescue home, and we didn’t think this is an issue. But it is.

We’d love any advice on how to be appealing to a sitter.

This is us:
Only 1 needs meds and that’s easy to do thanks to peanut butter.
Our girl pups are in their golden years and love to chill and sleep.
We have 1 boy pup who is 4 years old, who is a joy to be around.
Our cats need nothing more than feeding.
Walks are optional; so that pressure is removed.
We have the highest level wifi available, an office, smart everything, a washer/dryer, a fully (over) stocked kitchen, etc.

Now for the shocker…
We have 5 cats and 4 dogs.

Our 1st vacation in almost 5 years is only 12 days away, the 25th, and we are still searching.

Thanks so much!

Hello @BassTribe and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

If would be great if you could link your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback for your listing and will also give your listing extra exposure!

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :blush:

1 Like

I would sit for you. I also have a close friend who would love to do it with me. She is heavily into rescue and she also has a household with 13 dogs and one cat, all rescues.

So, it would essentially boil down to where you are, do I want to go there, do I want to have expense to travel there if the suit requires a lot of attention and not a lot of other stuff that attracts me to the area. I certainly don’t require a luxurious house to stay in.

2 Likes

Hi!!!
You have no idea how happy it makes my heart to even just read your reply! Thank you for being someone that appreciates a full home and understands how fabulous rescues are!!!
We’re in Round Rock, TX just minutes from Austin.

1 Like

These all need to go through your member profile. If you link your forum profile and member profile, potential sitters can find it much easier.

Please forgive my fumbles, I’m brand spanking new to the forum. :upside_down_face: Hopefully that works! :crossed_fingers:t2:

Post edited to conform to Community Guidelines.

You’re doing great! Yes, we can see the link to your listing now. OMG everyone of your babies looks adorable! I want to snuggle them all! I love the way you’ve written your listing I think it shows sitters that you have a bit of humor, you’re not to stuffy and that even with quite a few pets it’s all manageable. It looks like a pleasant sit…the only downside is that you’re looking for a sitter during peak summer travel months. I do think that you can find someone but I would start searching for sitters and messaging local and regional sitters ASAP. Take a look at their availability and see if it would interest any of them. I hope you find the perfect sitter soon!