Greetings from Mexico!

Hello, everyone,

I’m Mark and I’ve been house sitting, well, since forever. I started back in 1978 when I would look after my father’s golden labrador, Tanya, whenever he traveled out of town. From that time (early 1980’s), I would house/pet sit for various friends and then, about 2012, I began “more seriously” doing more gigs including house/dog walk visits.

When I initially began visiting Ajijic, Mexico in December 2020, I quickly met some new would-be clients. Also, over time, I met some other new clients. I joined Trusted Housesitters in September 2021.

House/pet sitting has been a great way to visit Ajijic (though I’m open to other locations!) on the cheap. However, most of my customers pay me some money, which in turn helps defray other expenses.

My world travels have been delightful and I’ve now visited six of seven continents, Antarctica being the one place I have not visited. Not that I’m in any hurry to go there as the costs to visit there are exorbitant.

When I’m not house and pet sitting, I’m looking after my 91-year-old mother in Southern California, who incredibly is more or less independent!

I’m also a 25-year veteran of professional home organizing and am a member of the National Association of Productivity and Organization (since 2000).

A new career for me is property caretaking, which I performed for some owners of a new property in Ajijic. I more or less completely installed new energy-efficient lighting systems and fixtures plus other handyman-type of tasks. I loved every minute of that job!

Looking forward to meeting some of you in the foreseeable future.

Warmly, Mark N.

3 Likes

Glad you’re here, Mark. Antartica is on my list, as well, as it is the only continent I haven’t visited. I’m sure the competition would be stiff if there was ever a TH pet/house sitting opportunity there. :wink:

Sara

1 Like

What a fascinating story Mark. Your mother sounds remarkable! Nice to meet you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Are you ever in the San Diego area?! I ask because we have a member couple here that I think you would get along famously with - one of them is also a professional organizer. We have meet up’s in the San Diego area throughout the year so check back here on the forum if you’re interested we will post dates and details. I would also love to see any photos you’d be willing to share of Ajijic.

just a bit of friendly advice - I took a look at your profile and I think it would be really great if you added more photos of yourself especially if you have any with the pets that you have cared for. It really goes a long way with homeowners.

1 Like

Hi Kelly, great ideas. I just got on this chat group! Happy to add photos!

I’m in Redondo Beach…at least 2 hours from San Diego, but I love your idea of meeting that couple there.

Warmly, Mark N.

Hi Kelly, how do I get some photos onto my recent Introduction post? I’m not too sharp on technology and am clueless as to where to find a link to attach photos to my post. Thank you, Mark N.

Hello @Honeybear2158 if you still need some help adding photos then here is a link on how to do that:

let me know if you need any more help at all :grin:

1 Like