Greetings from Queensland, Australia

Hello…my name is Keith. I’m a healthy and energetic retired company manager. I have recently sold my house and built a smaller cottage in rural Queensland and intend to enjoy my retirement travelling and regular house sitting. I am a non-smoking, quiet, active and well travelled man who is capable, independent and self-reliant. I am responsible and will ensure that I have a clear understanding of the tasks required. I am computer and internet savvy and a good communicator. I had a 15 hectare hobby farm for 15 years in Queensland and had numerous pets during that time. Cats, dogs, donkey, horses, chickens, ducks and geese. They all provided great fun.

6 Likes

Hi @Keith1 A very warm welcome to the forum. May you enjoy all the contributions from all our wonderful members here.

I see you have been a THS sitter for a while, so please do put up your profile on your forum profile so members can meet you more ‘personally’

The way to add your profile link is here >> https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

You’ll find that this forum is an excellent place to make new, like-minded friends. We love to share tips, travel stories, and pet pictures, help the newer members get established, and even hold in-person meet ups 1 from time to time.

If you ever find yourself searching for answers to a particular question, you can use the magnifying glass in the top right of this window to search the forum.
There’s a good chance if you have the question, someone else had the same question and posted about it.

Enjoy the forum.
Best wishes
Therese and the forum team

Welcome, @Keith1/Keith! Thank you for introducing yourself!

Like @Therese linked to, it’s always nice when members add a link to their TH profiles in their forum profile. If you run into any issues with the instructions, just reply.

A hobby farm does sound like quite the learning experience! I’m sure any HO/PP would be lucky to have you as a sitter.

–Geoff

Hello @Keith1 and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

As @Therese mentioned you can add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by using the attached link, should you wish to.

Wow… the hobby farm must have been fun!

Are you currently on a house sit? … Do you have any particular areas that you would love to house sit? :blush:

1 Like

Hi Samox24. I’ve only just returned to this forum. Sorry for the late response. I was on a sit all of February in Albion Park, NSW, Australia. My next sit is in Chiang Mai, Thailand June, July, August this year 2023. Cheers, Keith

2 Likes

Hi @Keith1 it’s great to see you back on the Forum. How was your sit in NSW?

Enjoy your time in Thailand :thailand::slightly_smiling_face:

Sit in NSW was great. 1 bird, 2 fish, a car and a house to look after. I worked in the Illawarra for 20 years so had plenty of friends and rellos to catch up with. In regard to the Chiang Mai sit… I was asked to arrive 1 day early so I booked my flights to arrive Friday morning and 2 days ago I was told they were leaving @ 5:30pm Saturday so I should get there at 5:00pm travelling from my hotel. What do you think? PS I have already booked a hotel for Friday night.

1 Like

Hi Keith, you sound like a perfect pet sitter! Are you planning any trips to Europe?
I visited Queensland in 2004, stayed on a farm with cattle and horses and loved it!

1 Like

Hi @Keith1 your Chang Mai sit sounds lovely, we always agree our travel plans beforehand and always arrive in the area a few days before to give owner’s peace of mind but unfortunately plans can change last moment so it’s always good to be as flexible as you can. It’s good you have a hotel booked already and I hope you have a fabulous time on your sit. Please keep us updated and it would be great if you can post some photos on here. :slightly_smiling_face: