Having difficulties uploading to Evident and other issues

Hello, I am a new Member and it took me two weeks of daily emails to EvidentID customer service to get my DL uploaded. It was never a user issue, it is not the device or the background you used, or how to take a screen shot-duh… It is 100% percent their issue that they solved one day without explanation. I got an email saying try again, the issue has been resolved and it worked immediately.
TH should be aware that this is not a good first impression or reflection on their company that they would chose to partner with EvidentID.

3 Likes

Hi @katybjork welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters. Our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced and thank you for sharing your success at completing the process. I’m staying with members here in CA and they had the same success today, 20 mins and the process was completed and their profile updated.

Evident did have some tech issues which was referenced on the forum and via Membership Services, they worked hard towards getting it fixed as quickly as they could.

We live in a complex digital world and systems do get compromised, even shut down completely two weeks again Britain’s flagship airline, British Airways entire system went down causing travel chaos at LHR (Heathrow) grounding all flights to Europe, it happens unfortunately.

Once again welcome and thank you for updating us on your successful journey through the process.

Enjoy THS and connecting on the forum.

Best wishes,

Angela and the Team

Thank you Angela,
The response that I got from TH Membership services and from Evident was that the issues were all mine, that I was doing something wrong so that my pictures were unable to upload and that was never the case. If they said, we are having tech issues, please be patient, then my experience with them would have been very different.

2 Likes

Hi @katybjork I’m really sorry about that communication but glad that the outcome has been successful. Please accept our apologies and we look forward to sharing in your new THS journey.

Welcome again

But BA doesn’t require anyone’s SS/SIN…

1 Like

Hi @Debbie I do have my sent email pending, and will email you directly from membership services today, so please do look out for it.
Kind regards
Therese

1 Like

Gosh. That is so different from my experience and it finally went through but I never got a copy. It just said passed. I am glad it works for some people

Hi Venessa,

So here’s another question about the whole background check thing. So, I know this is required only for US sitters.
My husband and I are currently in Europe for an undetermined amount of time but likely a year. We are both French citizens with French passports as well as US citizens. We still own our home in NY state but it is currently rented out.
Since we are French, would we be released from this requirement? If so, how do I go about this as I am currently blocked due to my current location listed on my profile.
Thank you!

Hi @carpediem16,

@Vanessa_A is currently offline for the evening however I am going to email you directly from Membership Services regarding this. You will have an email pop up from me shortly.

All the best
Lucy

2 Likes

Hi Lucy,

I have not received an email yet…did I miss it?
Thanks

Hi @carpediem16 I will pick this up for @Lucy-B as she is offline at the moment. She is getting clarification so that she give you the correct information and will email you directly she has checked with the team.

1 Like

I joined in July and have done a few sits, today I was going to apply for a last minute sit as I’ll be done with my current tomorrow. My question is I believe I did a background check when I joined, how long do they last? When I tried to apply it led me to compelled my profile and stated “new” for background check.

Thanks for an answer

Hi @Catgoddess_99 tagging @Lucy-B who will pick this up for you.

Hi @Catgoddess_99 I’m going to take a look into this for you and will send you an email directly from Membership Services shortly.

1 Like

I do not even know what you mean by responding to the initial notice - who sent it? TH or Evident? I would need a new link sent to me

Hi @Cyn I have forwarded your question to the Membership Services Team who will respond to you by email when they are back on line.

My updated driving licence finally arrived. I was quietly hopeful that Evident would have sorted all of their technical issues, and that I would be able to upload my driving licence swiftly and without incident.

Sadly this was not the case. I used the button on the TrustedHousesitters website to send and the Evident link was sent to my phone. So far so good.

The link worked. However the screen I was presented with only gave me 2 options of ID to upload - an ID card or a passport. There is no driving licence option.

I have been subjected to a very frustrating email exchange with Viktor at Evident for several days now. I’m not sure Viktor has actually bothered to read anything I have written.

So far he has sent me the guidelines on how to upload ID, which I’d read previously anyway, they are very standard, but not much use without a screen that allows me to select driving licence as my ID type.

Now he wants a screen shot of where I’m “getting stuck”. I had a 20 year IT career. I’m not stuck, there is a fault with their software. I just need them to send me a link to where I can upload a driving licence. I keep asking for this but Viktor just ignores everything I say.

I really hope Viktor’s supervisor knows how to read!

Meanwhile I have already missed out on opportunities to apply for sits that would have tied in well with our Easter sit and broken up our journey.

Is anyone else still hitting a brick wall with Evident?

Hi @Debbie really sorry you are having this much difficulty we are seeing most members clear this quickly. I will take this back to our team …

1 Like

I have been having the same problem for weeks. Was it resolved in the end?

Was eventually able to work itself out

1 Like