Hello from Niagara Falls, Canada!

Greetings from beautiful Niagara Falls!!

I (Scott) recently joined Trusted Housesitters and will be looking forward to enjoying sits and precious times with loving pets from around the world. My wife (Belinda) and I are taking a year and travelling a large portion of the world, starting in Ireland in July. We both have extensive experience with many different animals and pets, from dogs, cats and different rodents, to snakes, lizards, horses, pigs, sheep and chickens. I have over 20 years experience as a dog trainer and can tell you that every animal that we have ever owned or cared for has been treated as a member of the family because that is exactly what they are.

We are so excited to get our first sit under our belt and really look forward to meeting new people and pets and hopefully starting new friendships!

6 Likes

Welcome Scott and Belinda!

Enjoy your new lifestyle and if you have a chance, partake in any meetups along the way. You may build life long friendships with like minded people. People that understand what and why you’ve chosen this as a way to travel and fulfill the need for furry friends.

2 Likes

Hello @Bubba14 and a warm welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I love Niagara Falls, it certainly is beautiful there :heart:

It sounds like you have an incredible trip planned and Ireland in July will be a great place to start your journey! :ireland:

Whereabouts in Ireland will you be?

Also, for reference, as a member and once your listing is completed you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

I have attached a couple of threads you should find helpful

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome reply, it was greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome Samox24!!

We will be arriving in Dublin on July 5 and will spend about 10 days travelling through Ireland and Northern Ireland before we move on to Scotland, England and Wales. From there we will travel through a number of other European countries.

Thanks as well for the information regarding adding my profile, I will attempt to do that now.

Take care!

1 Like

Hello @Bubba14 and congratulations on starting this amazing journey of petsitting through TrustedHousesitters. It’s the best possible way to enjoy sharing special times with someone else’s special babies all the while getting the opportunity to travel the World!

So you are starting with Ireland? We just got back from a two week trip there traveling the entire Southern Region of the Country. We flew into Dublin, traveled straight to Kilkenny, then onto Cork, Killarney, Cobh, Kinsale, Dingle and beyond. Where are you headed? I would love to hear your plans as well.

Good luck and make sure you send lots of pics!

2 Likes

Thank you Debbie!! Belinda and I are REALLY looking forward to this for the total experience. We will try to get some sits in along the way just haven’t found any that fit quite yet.

We don’t have any concrete plans for our time away. We know the counties we want to visit and quite a few of the sites we want to see. We figured that this way if we wanted to spend more/less time somewhere then we can. Our Ireland portion is going to start much the same as yours but we will continue up the west coast and into Northern Ireland as well. July 4th can’t come soon enough!!!

@Bubba14 this is so exciting to hear! I found my biggest takeaway about Ireland was the friendliness and hospitality from the locals. They all wanted to know where we were from in the States, where we had been, where we were going, etc, and also gave us some great ideas for off the beaten path sites.

If you get a chance, make sure you hit New Grange, just north of Dublin…the oldest know structure. Absolutely amazing and beyond belief.

And here I thought that this site was just going to connect me with sits and wonderful pets. I believe that it’s going to be equally as valuable for the information that I glean from it. What did we do before the www. ?!?!

2 Likes