Hello from Sarasota, Florida

Hi everyone. I’ve just recently joined THS and will be traveling soon to the UK to care for a lovely family’s pet Lab in their home. I’m so excited and would appreciate any feedback or advise you’d like to share. Thank you in advance and I’m so happy to be a part of this incredible organization.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome. :wave:

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @LooHoo welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters.com … we are happy to have you join us. Congratulations on getting your UK sit and a lovely lab to look after, be sure to let us know how it all goes.

If you have any questions or need any advice please ask our community they are incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and supportive.

Angela and the Team

Welcome again,

1 Like

1 Like

Hi and welcome (soon) to the UK. Not sure where you are headed, but if you have the time, go visit some museums, they are all free!

Hi @Daisy999 great advice and there are certainly amazing museums right across the UK … little ones outside of London, which are really engaging, whatever your passion there’s a museum for it … even a Dachshund’s museum in Germany

Welcome again.

Angela and the Team

We lived in the Newcastle-upon-Tyne area for 8-years with our Standard Schnauzer. A good place for dogs but beware the rules about aggressive dog behavior, especially severe biting has awful legal consequences. However, the Queen pardoned her two corgis that attacked another dog, so check your royal lineage. Most Brits love dogs and you’ll find plenty of places to walk as green areas dot cities and towns. Go north to Northumberland and walk the Roman Wall or to Yorkshire to get the feel of James Herriot’s All Things Great and Small. Or watch the PBS program.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Thank you. I’ve been to London quite a few times already. It’s one of my favorite cities :blush:

1 Like