Hello from sunny southern California

Greetings everyone. I’m Lonnie and happy to join this dynamic and exciting community. I’m a Family Nurse Practitioner, avid animal, nature, and travel lover. I’m taking a much needed work break and changing careers to Nurse Consultant so I can work anywhere that has WiFi. I cherish freedom and flexibility, which allows me to indulge other passions: writing, reading, cooking, gardening, dancing, walking, hiking, etc.

I was born in Chicago, left after Nursing school, and rebooted my life in Northern California many years ago. Since then, I have traveled, lived, worked, and studied all over the globe.

I am currently on my third house/pet sit, and I’m ecstatic that I’ll be doing the same in the UK (all close to London), from Sept - Nov. The homes and pets are amazing! Looking forward to connecting with others in this community, both in the USA and abroad.

5 Likes

Hi @lonnieworld,

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. So glad to hear your first couple of house sits have gone well and you’ve been able to find some in the UK! Please keep us updated on the forum with your new adventures.

As you cannot share a link to your listing in this post, do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best
Kelly & the Forum Team

1 Like

Welcome Lonnie. Hope you have a fabulous time when you come over to the UK to sit. Hope you’ll have time for some exploring in London and beyond :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome, Lonnie!

1 Like

Thanks Katie.

Thank you Smiley.

Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to England, hope you enjoy the pets you meet over here!
I have 1 puppy, 1 kitten, 2 tree frogs and red tail shrimps…
An evening off looking after them would be lovely with my teenage daughter

My UK booking fell through, so I’m still in the States, and looking forward to sits in Australia. Good luck!

That’s such a shame. I hope you hadn’t already bought your flights….Good luck with sits in Australia

Dear Ionee World,

It’s a shame that you are not visiting the UK at the present time, but please have a wonderful time in Australia,

And, get back to me when you can come over here in the future.

Really best wishes