Hello from Ukiah, CA

Hello! My name is Heather. I live and work in Northern California, where I was born and raised. I grew up in a rural area. I am familiar with off the grid systems, gardening, and all kinds of animals including horses, goats, chickens, rabbits, birds, parrots, fish, and rodents.

I have done housesitting in the local community in the past, but that has been put on hold as I moved further away from my previous regular clients, and my work shift makes it doubly hard to be there for them.

I was really happy to find this site and community. I like to travel, but the cost of travel plus housing limits my options. I like to hike, bike, and explore new places. I am hoping to travel and explore places to retire too. I would love to be able to help you keep your home and pets safe and secure while you are away in exchange for a place to stay. I am clean and responsible. I travel solo at this time.

I am currently limited in how much I can travel because I work full time here. I hope to travel this fall, possibly to Pacific Grove CA, Phoenix AZ, or Albuquerque NM. I am excited about the potential to travel internationally in the future. I am also looking into transitioning into working remotely, or into a freelance career which I hope will allow for more freedom to travel.

I look forward to connecting with all of you.

6 Likes

Hello Heather. Welcome to the community. There’s a lot of good advice on this forum for new housesitters. You’ve already figured out that it’s a good idea to start local to get those first reviews. You can also add external references to your profile from people you have house/petsit for in the past. Good luck to you and keep in touch.

1 Like

Hello Annie. Thanks. Yes, I have some really old references, I have moved and then many of my clients moved away too. I have sent our requests for references from more current-and-local-to-where-I-am-now clients. I plan on puttering my way through the forum. I’m sure there is lots to learn!

Hi!
We started with a few local Aussie sits through THS to get reviews. Then to our amazement we were accepted for a sit in Spain.
It’s a great time to be starting house sitting through a platform like this as there are some fabulous places to sit. And of course the chance to meet some lovely pets and their owners.
Good luck with your housesitting journey.

Hi AussieGail.
Thank you. I am looking forward to the adventure.

1 Like