Hello from the Cotswolds

My partner and I moved here (the Cotswolds) coming up for a year ago.

We have 1 Romanian rescue dog and 2 rescue cats that I bought back with me from Canada (lived out there for 18 months).

Joined Trusted House sitters as I’m looking to start (cautiously) travelling more this year and although dog will probably come with me (he’s a very nervous boy, bless him) the 2 cats will need looking after.

6 Likes

Hi @Belisama

A warm welcome to the forum and we are so pleased you have found us, and for sharing your lovely photos. They all look like very special characters.

The Cotswolds is such a gorgeous area, and I am sure you are enjoying being there.

I see you already have 2 applications, so this is good news.
Best wishes
Therese

Thank you for the welcome. Unfortunately both applications rescinded before I could accept. I assume I now have to decline them myself?

You don’t need to do anything as, I assume, you hadn’t confirmed them.

Hi @Belisama
I see you have managed to decline the applications. I would also like to suggest that you go to your Dashboard, click Manage dates, and there you can boost your listing.
This will add a little New button to your listing, and bring it back up to the top of the website.
I hope this helps.

Hello @Belisama and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

My hubby and I also moved to The Cotswolds back in 2016, it’s a beautiful area with so much to see and do.

Lovely photos of your dog & kitties, thank you for sharing :dog::cat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Whereabouts are you hoping to travel to this year? :blush:

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Travel wise mostly if not entirely within the UK due to covid. I used to love travelling abroad but after attempting international travel once last year I’m not in a hurry to repeat that experience for a while.

Would love to explore Scotland, especially west coast and Lake District, but open to just about anywhere :blush:.

1 Like

@Belisama ahh 2 of my other favourite locations in the UK. I do love the west coast of Scotland though, especially the Isle of Skye! :heart::slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve not had the pleasure of visiting Skye yet but it’s on my bucket list. Also hoping to do a Scotland road trip with a dear friend who is visiting from USA in July. We are still at planning stage, though!

@Belisama We have completed quite a few Scottish road trips, so please DM me if you would like any help/suggestions or recommendations. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s very kind of you! I lived in Angus for 6 months in 2021/2 (was meant to be for at least 12 months but things didn’t go to plan) but there’s still so much I wasn’t able to explore.

Any suggestions of interesting/off the beaten path places would be much appreciated. I appreciate going in July things will be busy but as I am clinically extremely vulnerable I am trying to avoid crowds/overly touristy spots.

@Belisama I will have a think on it and then DM you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you :blush: