Hello from Yorkshire

HI there. We joined the community this afternoon! We have two dogs (mother and daughter) and an old family farmhouse on the close to beautiful woodland and moorland. We also have two horses in the field in front of the house but they pretty much look after themselves, as long as they have water, and finally a few very friendly chickens. We have house swapped before so are used to having lots of visitors. We hope to be able to welcome you one day and especially to our dogs.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @MamaM . I was born and raised in Yorkshire but have lived in Gloucestershire for over 20 years, so I am always drawn to sits in Yorkshire. We’ve looked after lots of dogs and chickens, but as yet, no horses.

3 Likes

A warm welcome @MamaM to TrustedHousesitters and our forum. Sounds like you have a wonderful menagerie in a beautiful part of England - I never tire of visiting Yorkshire.

With your experience of house swapping you’ll certainly get off to a flying start, but if you need any help with with introducing the pet care to your listing don’t hesitate to ask advice from our very helpful members :slight_smile:

Our blog is also full of helpful articles and here’s one that provides some excellent tips for creating your listing:

Once you’ve got your listing uploaded on the website, you can also put a link to it here in your forum profile, but in the meantime please enjoy your time making connections and joining the community conversations. We look forward to following your journey!

All the best, Vanessa

1 Like

Hi @MamaM if you’re in need of a sitter in Jan or Feb 2023 please contact me. My husband and I will be doing a sit in Portsmouth from 24 Dec 2022 to 15 Jan 2023 and are currently available after then. We are hoping to house sit our way to Scotland. We are experienced looking after horses, dogs and chickens (all at the same time) on a small farm. Regards, Jenny.