Hello, happy to be here!

Hello!
My name is Annette and I am the mama to a dog, Axl, and a cat, Zeke. They’re both 2 years old and have grown up together. I will be looking for sits to do and occasionally a sitter although I do have family nearby who usually help.
I LOVE to travel! I have been to Scotland and Mt Rushmore, Yellowstone, the Ozarks, and several other places this year. Of course, it is way too far for my babies to go to Europe but otherwise I try to take at least Axl.
My kids are grown and I still work, remotely, as a case manager for a nationwide company. I can only work while in the US due to laws and tax issues with working while I’m outside the US.
I’m very eager to get started! I seem to be the one to house/pet sit for everyone I know. So, I want to incorporate it into my travel as well.

4 Likes

Hi @AnnetteS
Thank you for joining our community forum. You are going to find it is filled with answers to most, if not all, of your questions and enquiries. I’d love to see a photo of your Axl and Zeke (what great names)! If you’d like to share here in this thread. Where are you based? Are they rescues or what type of breed are they? Either way I’d love to hear how they came into your life two years ago.

My name is Kelly, I live in San Diego and have an adorable English Springer Spaniel who will soon be 4 years old and I am one of the forum moderators, as well as a combined owner/sitter member of TrustedHousesitters, so I have insight into both sides of the memberships.

I am hoping this info will help you find your way around the platform and interest you to join in the conversations. It can be a little daunting and confusing at first, so we included this handy guide

How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

Our members are connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another.

Also, you may want to link your member profile to your forum profile for additional exposure when you are using the forum. To do so just go to How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

We are always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Kelly – Forum Team Moderator

Axl is a rescue from a puppy mill. He never touched grass until he was 8 months old, when I adopted him. He’s such a sweetheart but seems to be timid around many men.
Zeke was adopted from the animal shelter at 5 weeks old. He was born at the shelter and has never been outside because he is afraid. He is 14.8 lbs of sweetness. He loves everyone and loves sitting in his window sill to watch the birds.
They are my fur babies and are used to me being home a lot since I work remotely. Zeke will sometimes not eat for a day or two when I leave him but the vet says it’s ok because he is still overweight even though he did weigh 17 lbs a year ago.

3 Likes

What a beautiful story of them becoming members of your family sounds like you all are lucky to have one another :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Our dog Zorro suffers from the same affliction of constant attention since both of us work from home. We have been trying to work on it but we love his companionship so we typically take him wherever we go and thankfully for us most places in San Diego have dog friendly patios. He was also overweight two years ago and we really had to work hard to get him back to his “athletic” weight.

Thank you for sharing! and I look forward to seeing how THS can give you a sense of calm when you need to travel.

4 Likes