Hello, I am Marsha, new to the forum

Just wanted to say Hello! I have been on TrustedHousesitters for a little over a year now. We have had 2 successful sits completed while we traveled. So far, everything has been good. Checking out the posts, reading about what sitters like to see in listings and so on. I used to use another service, we found a few really good people on it and a few not so good. I am really happy I stumbled on TrustedHousesitters & look forward to being part of the forum.

5 Likes

Hello Marsha @travel2sunshine and welcome. I love your background information on your forum profile, where you help find homes for rescue dogs. Thank you for that.

Given your username, I thought perhaps you lived somewhere near me, in the cold Canadian winters. I’m puzzled by you travelling to sunshine, given I think of anywhere in the southern US as a sunshine state. It’s all relative, I guess. :sunglasses:

I hope you enjoy your THS experiences.

3 Likes

Welcome, Marsha!

2 Likes

Hello @Snowbird. I have been using this user name, email name for a long time. Before I moved to the warmer southern US. We used to live in the Pacific NW and we vacationed at least 4-6 times a year. Then a job offer came that allowed us to move to sunshine. It was just a unique name I hadn’t seen used and so I am not ready to change my handle I have been going by for such a long time.

Thanks & I look forward to getting more involved on the forum.

Marsha

1 Like

Interesting. Funnily enough, my email addresses are based on a similar idea, relating to travelling to sunshine places in the winter (but not Snowbird). People often ask me the background story about them.

2 Likes

Welcome! We could certainly do with some more sunshine in the UK! :sunglasses: Are you prepared to say what the other service you used was? Personally I think TH is the best. Whilst it still has a few issues (you’ll no doubt stumble upon them in the forum) I don’t think any other platform comes near.

@Smiley - Hopefully I don’t get in trouble, not sure the rules about mentioning the other services out there. I did use MindMyHouse for several years. I did find a few great sitters that I used multiple times and since, they quit doing home sitting with Covid and found a new lifestyle. It wasn’t a bad introduction into this concept of exchange of services/home to stay in. I am really happy I found TrustedHouseSitters. I started with a basic membership, wondering if the others memberships should also be expolred.

I don’t think there’s a problem in mentioning other services but TH appears to be the best!

3 Likes