Hello The Hague calling the World

HI Su here from the Hague. 62 so still quite a way to go before I can call work a day and do more frequent traveling. Joined THS after a recommendation from an old colleague and have been enjoying travels and animals now since the end of 2018. Had some great sits looking after a number of pets who also needed that little bit extra care like my very first sitter for a mini panther actually called Little One. Actually got injured on one of my last sits when i got pulled off balance and injured my rotator cuff when I fell (now 8 months later nearly healed) but Ging was just so enthusiastic and it was icy so before I knew it i was laying on the floor and Ging bounced up to me asking OOOh new game !! Have had so much fun with all my different sits, Hoping one day to be able to get a sit in Japan, my all time favorite country. Love the opportunities that THS offers and actually have two new sits back to back, coming up this next week. A new one and now about the 7th sit for a couple here in the Hague !

8 Likes

Must say Glasgow would be nice as well haven’t been there since the late 90’s. Hope they managed to get the art college restored to it’s former beauty

2 Likes

Hello @Maggie welcome to the forum and thank you so much for a wonderful introduction, such an inspiration, not damaging your rotator cuff of course, so very happy to hear you have almost healed, that is a long healing process.

Being able to combine work with a pet sitting lifestyle is something enjoyed by many, especially where working remotely is possible. I hope you get to Japan … 2021 who knows good luck.

Enjoy the conversations and connecting with other like minded pet loving travellers.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

oh how aful to lose such a beautiful and representative pieces of art & architectural history. But yes Glasgow has much to offer so hope to get back there and just to Scotland in general sometime, beautiful country. Spent quite some holidays traveling around in the 90’s. Have a nice day

1 Like

Hi Su and welcome. I often find myself falling or banging myself on sits just because I’m unused to the property layout and I think my spacial awareness is sometimes lacking :rofl: Glad you are on the mend.
We’ve just done a sit for French home owners who are Dutch and have a home in The Hague. They’ve offered their home in the Netherlands for a vacation when we can travel more freely in Europe, so I may pick your brains at that time!! It sounds like a wonderful city to explore. Enjoy the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Vanessa, this was just an unlucky moment. Ging turned out to be stronger than I counted on and literally flipped me around and because it was icey I just went down (worst thing was had already had a frozen shoulder in the same shoulder years ago :roll_eyes:
But great city certainly as things start to open up again I hope during the 2nd half of this year. So feel free to ask for nice places to visit and shops, venues etc !

2 Likes

Hi Su, Loved reading your intro. I’m English but consider Amsterdam to be my home, so it was like hearing from a fellow Dutch lady. You seem to have had some great adventures on your sits. Hope you get to sit in Japan someday. We did a sit in Tokyo when we were there, and it was fascinating to see how they treat dogs - special enclosures in parks, picking up poo and taking it home with you (no bins on the streets) and even spraying after dog pees! It’s a great way to get to talk to people though, as they are really crazy about animals, especially cute fluffy dogs!

1 Like

hello dutchie then great to hear from another long termer! ! Glad you had a great time in Tokyo, love the place but also love the Inari Fushimi temple down in the south of Kyoto. Yes as with many other things they love the Kawaii !!! ( cute, fluffy etc etc.
Yes had some great sits and met loads of lovely owners and their animals and once tjis is over hope te be able to get back into meeting more !

1 Like

Me too Su, can’t wait to get back to it!

2 Likes