HO 'Currently not active' ... what does this mean?

On the HO’s profile, what does ‘Currently not active’ mean?
I’ve been going through those sits I’ve applied for in the past (successful and rejected) and ‘archiving’ them. But some thumbnail pictures I can’t archive as it says ‘Currently not active’.
Does this mean that they might no longer be a HO (or a HO & Sitter) subscriber?

Currently Not Active means they have let their THS membership lapse. Same notation applies to sitters.

2 Likes

Aa-haa. Thank you. I’d assumed it was. Thanks for clarifying.

I’m also trying to clean up my Saved list and see many ‘not currently active’ HOs. I would like to be able to file these so that I can tidy up my dashboard. Is there a way yet? Thanks.

Hi @ChristineH will tag @Therese who can help you with this … over to you Therese

Hi @ChristineH @LTD Only on the app (not on laptop), you will be able to archive the ‘not currently active’ members from your inbox to the archive folder. However, unfortunately, there is not a way at the moment to archive ‘inactive’ from your favourites folders.
If you do not use the app, please let me know so I can assist in archiving from your inbox.
I hope this helps and do let me know. Kind regards Therese

3 Likes

oh, i would love all of mine archived. i usually archive as i go but with not sitting for a while because of covid i didn’t get to it and now my inbox has a ton of them.

@CreatureCuddler . Done this for you! Kind regards Therese

2 Likes

thank you!!

This could have been a number of reasons. Not currently active does mean her account is no longer live - it could have expired, she may have cancelled or there may be some other reason. The message to say she removed her dates seems to imply she no longer needed a sitter. In some cases owners simply change their minds, use family or friends, or perhaps even find a sitter through alternative means. Whatever, it wasn’t meant to be as they say :wink: Are you still in Bali or have you moved on?

I’ve been hearing that too… about increasing flight costs. Especially southern hem to north. Whereas some places there’s no change. We were just looking yesterday at BA flights into Mexico next year (expecting a big hike) but prices are same as we paid this April. I guess they aren’t so dependent on external fuel … even petrol still seems reasonable there. Hope you find something soon!

1 Like

Hi, Vanessa – I have a sit coming up in a couple of weeks and the HO is now shown as “currently not active” and not only can I not see the listing, all of our TH correspondence is also gone! We are able to communicate by direct email (fortunately!) but I can’t go back and review anything covered in the listing or the conversations we had on the site.

I don’t see any advantage to me as a member having my inbox wiped of conversations with HOs whose memberships have lapsed. Can this be fixed?

Hi @teddypdx and this is one where I’m going to need to refer you to membership support. They can look into this for you and help. I will tag @Lucy-B so that she can assist and/or follow up when back online. As the weekend is approaching, she may be off-shift now, so you might want to send a quick email to support@trustedhousesitters.com and the weekend team will pick this up.

It’s frustrating when owners haven’t renewed with a house sit outstanding and hopefully it’s just a misunderstanding. It is why it’s so important to do as you have, and arrange an alternative method of communication. Before we confirm a sit we do also get a telephone number and email… your experience shows the importance of this for new members who see this. Hope you get it sorted soon. All the best, Vanessa

1 Like

Thanks, Vanessa. I haven’t always established alternative methods of communication (not all HOs seem to want to) but I certainly will from now on.

1 Like

Hi @teddypdx I’m the type of person who wants a plan B and plan C in place. When I get any hesitancy from an owner when I ask for details after I’m confirmed, I then follow through explaining what’s unlikely but what could happen. If you have a scenario to share (it need not be yours) of what has happened when these details aren’t shared, then it helps the owner understand.

For example, if the owners are a couple, I ask for the email and phone number of both, even if one does most of the communication. It doubles my chances of being able to reach one of them. Keep in mind you each - sitters and owners - have certain requirements; no one side is in control.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator :canada:

Hi @teddypdx I have just sent you an email directly from Membership Services.

Thanks
Lucy

My question is about “currently not active”. Our previous house sitters were booked to the end of April with someone BUT I see on their profile that they are “currently not active”. What does this mean?

@emmieo it means they have currently not renewed their membership.

@tembaThank you. So if a HS has booked a housesit and doesn’t renew their membership, do they lose their house sit?

@emmieo I can’t answer for sure but if it has just lapsed and they are already on a sit, I would think that sit would stand until it is due to finish. If they are booked for future sits and still do not renew, there would be no help from THS if something went wrong on the sit and I don’t think a review or feedback could be given. An owner would be unwise to go ahead with them as their sitter. I’ll tag @Therese who will be able to clarify this when she is next online.