Inbox inundated with non active HO

My inbox has all the inactive HO’s showing . Since 2016. Help to delete. I did everything, nothing works.

You can not delete them as far as I know, but you can archive them

They were archived and suddenly showed up.

Hi @Grandma. I’m not sure why that happened, so I’m tagging @Therese, so she sees this the next time she’s online.

thanks @Karen_E
Hi @Grandma I will have a look for you and direct message you.

Could you please let me know if this matter has been resolved.
I too have an in box with pages and pages of previously archived messages. I cannot archive or delete them and a lot of the homeowners are no longer active.
Thanks

Not mine.still I have old conversations.

Hi @Therese. Is there anything people can do to keep their inboxes clean? Thanks.

1 Like

The best way to archive ‘inactive members’ in your inbox, is to do this via the App.
All other inbox messages can be archived either using the App or the Website.
Unfortunately there is no way to delete archived messages, but then at least they out of your inbox so you can have a ‘cleaner inbox’ if you like.
Please let me know if you have any further issues.
Best wishes
Therese

Hi @Therese - I use the website via my ipad and not the app but in this instance I did clear my app in box.
As you say, unfortunately it does not transfer across to the in box on the website.
It may not seem a big issue in the great scheme of things and I realise the web developers are dealing with other more pressing matters.
What is annoying is that I diligently administered my inbox and then one day all the old stuff suddenly appeared in the in box. Hopefully one day they will disappear as suddenly as they appeared :crossed_fingers:.

Having completed 56 sits since 2018 all having 5* reviews, I have never had this happen before. Yes, I have been invited to THS sits many times over but never invited (as I was on May 30th) yet I can not read or reply to host as they are showing “Currently Not Active” in my Inbox. I can not delete, read or respond to this invite. It is a broken link sitting in my inbox. I require Technical Support and Admin to assist please to keep my profile/Inbox current and accessible so that this host is not thinking that I’m rude in not responding, because I am unable to do so. HELP PLEASE

Hello @NanniaPet, It is lovely to have you back here again :smiling_face:

I have moved your post to this thread as this question has been asked previously.

If an owner is ‘in active’ please do not worry that you have not replied as they will not have access to their inbox and will not see if you have replied or not. It could be that the member invited you then their membership expired so they become ‘in active’ and can not access their account.

They might renew their membership soon and will become active again and you can reply to their message.

This previous comment explains how to archive ‘in active’ members from your inbox.

You can also contact support@trustedhousesitters.com and they can assist you further.

Fell free to DM me with any questions :slight_smile:

Have one. Sit cancelled, she is in my inbox inactive

Thank you Carla…. Loaded the App on cell phone, was able to view the invite and respond accordingly before I archived the host was flagged “Currently Inactive”. It no longer shows up on my laptop THS website inbox view…. It worked.
Thanks for the help
Have a great day

2 Likes

@NanniaPet You are most welcome and glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Well here is some good news for a change.
I like to keep my inbox organised and only have messages in there for any future sits. Everything else I archive.
Well I have had one message sitting in there for 8 years and even THS couldn’t get rid of it for me. Something has changed and today by chance I was able to open the message and archive it. It has disappeared and I have an empty inbox.
I know - I really need to get out more! :joy:
Don’t worry I will soon be back to my normal cynical self.

2 Likes