Insurance for long term travelling housesitters

I apologise as an insurance question has been asked by ex pats living in Italy, but this is a bit different.
I took up a travelling/housesitting lifestyle in January 2019 and from July was travelling in New Zealand and Australia, sadly cut short by the pandemic.
I was travelling as a backpacker and, being 63, had difficulty finding backpacker type insurance. The companies assume it’s just people in their 20s who travel long term with a backpack and that anyone over 60 is just travelling for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I eventually found Staysure but I think once I reach 65 they would no longer cover for one long indefinite trip but up to 90 days at a time which would be useless to me.
Has anyone else had this experience? Have you found another insurance company to cover people of a certain age travelling indefinitely?
Thanks for your interest and help

1 Like

We use Allianz as full time house sitters, but I think @vanessaanderson may have an article on insurance on The House Sitting Magazine! I think she uses/recommends Safety Wing as insurance of indefinite travelers.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll check them out.

1 Like

Yes we’ve used Safety Wing and they have Covid cover now also, but they are expensive if you aren’t under 40. It would cost us as a couple $600 for cover for 3 months in Europe - we are in 50’s. We aren’t using at moment as still on reciprocal cover with EU until Dec 31st. World Nomads or Allianz are our only other recommendations but I don’t know if either have Covid cover yet.

1 Like