Is it better to wait to post a listing until after the holidays

Hi, I will need a sitter for my cat in early April for 10 days. Should I wait until after Christmas and/or the new year to post? I am concerned if I post now there will be fewer sitters looking at new listings during the holidays . Thoughts?
Thank you

This sitter looks all the time. Booked up through mid-Feb, so looking for sits in March and April. I say go for it!

5 Likes

I am already booked for March into early April and I am looking now for sits in the UK and Europe through the end of May/June. I would post now.

2 Likes

@Sher I was having the same questions, but decided to post. So, I just posted a listing for April couple of days ago. Worked well, and got plenty of applications. My sit is an international one, so I figured people would like to book their flights as early as possible.

4 Likes

I also secured 4 sits in April and May during the month of December, so go for it!
Some people may actually have more time to look into applying during the holidays if they don’t work. The main thing on your part would be not to have them wait too long before replying to their application and schedule a call if desired.

3 Likes

Glad you asked! I’m in the same boat for 3 weeks in April-May and thought maybe sitters are too busy right now or overwhelmed by the holidays/family/etc. I’m also repainting my living/dining areas and want to take new pics before posting, which puts my listing in the week between Xmas and new years. Good to hear the timing is okay.

4 Likes

Thank you for your prompt and helpful response!

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt and helpful response!

1 Like

Good information! Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for their prompt and helpful responses! I took your advice, and just now posted my listing.

5 Likes

I’m sure all sitters are different - but we (as sitters) are looking ahead to the next northern hemisphere summer and have secured sits in June, July and September. It’s certainly not too early to be advertising for April. I’d say “go for it” now.

4 Likes

Hello @Hinemoa Wishing you a warm welcome to the community forum, it’s lovely to have you here and thank you for contributing to this topic!

@Sher Thank you for updating us that you have decided to post your listing. It’s great to see you got so much reassurance about posting your dates now from @CatsAndDog @AnnieNai @Shella_in_the_Forum @Peonie19 @Hinemoa @Shafofo

I hope you find an amazing sitter soon! :smiling_face:

We’re still checking over the holidays…

1 Like

Thank you Carla! I also hope I find a sitter soon! So far, no one has responded…
Sher

1 Like

I still work full time so actively look for any sits that I can book in the future to ensure I can get the time off work. I know many people have wfh facilities in their homes but it would not be possible for me but more importantly when I book a sit it’s to spend time with the animal not work around it.

Hi Sher,
I am based in the US, but love spending time in the UK. To get the best possible airfare, I book my flights 6-9 months in advance. For me, it’s great if homeowners post their sits as far in advance as possible. Most of the sits I’ve done have been booked 5-6 months in advance.

Hm. I just posted a listing for July/August. Is that too early? It is summer and I figured that sitters would like early listings.
Sally

And you already have 4 applications, so not too early at all @Livyordrem!

3 Likes