It's photo time - share the colours of autumn

Lovely decorating idea @Alice. I have parchment autumn leaves (purchased) that I scatter over a tablecloth in a careful-haphazard fashion to decorate the Thanksgiving table.

1 Like

@Provence I didn’t take photos but just drove to Ontario through New Brunswick and Quebec over the weekend. The colours were stunning!

I love arranging things in a careful-haphazard fashion!

1 Like

For those in the UK… this just popped into my inbox. Autumnal walks from the National Trust:

2 Likes

We’re currently leaf peeping in Saratoga Springs, New York and driving up to Vermont today to hopefully see even more colors. The first few pictures were from last week in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. The Aspen trees were unusually brilliant this year with vibrant yellows into orange, almost into red (which seldom happens)!

4 Likes

Wonderful images @NOmtnClowns thank you for sharing.

Fall/Autumn is a photographer’s dream, although getting the total effect of the true vibrancy of colors seems to elude some … well me anyway.

I found these two article which give tips shooting fall colors including using an IPhone

3 Likes

@NOmtnClowns Those are stunning pix… I especially love the third one. Enjoy Vermont… please send more pictures from there… I’m sure it will be stunning :slight_smile:

Time to stop and smell the leaves :dog: :heart:

1 Like

VERMONT, USA in the past two days. Peak autumn colors!

7 Likes

Gorgeous! Hard to imagine that will all be covered in snow soon? Beautiful all times of year. Thanks for taking these and enjoy your time there!

Thank you @NOmtnClowns … one of my fall destination ambitions, even the name Vermont has a special feel for me I’ve been then in Spring & Summer but never seen the two other seasons.

3 Likes

While I was hiking in Zermatt last weekend, I took a couple of photos for this “Colours of Autumn” thread. The mornings were crisp and cold but it warmed up nicely as soon as the sun rose above the mountains. :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf:

Now, it’s time to pack and complete all of the paperwork for my trip to the UK tomorrow. I’m looking forward to a cat sit in Kent followed by another one in Greater London. Life is good!

4 Likes

That is a stunning image of the Matterhorn @Mary-Kay. Some years ago I booked a last minute Christmas ski chalet holiday in Zermatt. It was a brand new chalet being offered at a ridiculously low price as a soft launch. We arrived in the dark and the next morning a member of the chalet staff bought us tea in bed :grinning: and drew back the curtains. The view was pretty similar. It actually reduced me to tears (partly thru not quite believing the luck of securing such an awesome deal!). Thank you for bringing back a lovely memory for me this morning!

We are off to a repeat sit near Mont Blanc in a couple of weeks, so hoping for a few good hikes.

Enjoy your time in the UK!

4 Likes

What a wonderful memory, @Vanessa_A! There is something about the Matterhorn that’s awe-inspiring. Given the price of accommodation in Zermatt, I completely understand your joy at finding an amazing deal. :grinning:

Wishing you lots of sunny days while you’re hiking near Mont Blanc! I hope you’ll share some photos.

3 Likes

Today in Minnesota

3 Likes

These photos were all taken in Vermont in the Fall of 2017. The photos do not do the colours justice! It has to be seen to be believed.
Absolutely stunning!! :maple_leaf:

4 Likes

Truly beautiful!

1 Like

These photos were all taken in/near Durango in Colorado in the Fall of 2016. Another beautiful spot. :fallen_leaf:

5 Likes

Colours really coming to life now in our corner of France along the Canal de Bourgogne, just a few Kms from our sit.

3 Likes