June 16th Travel News Update - Europe opens up to Americans

Is anyone planning to visit Europe from America this year?
Here are the latest travel details:

16th June - EU ambassadors agreed to add the US to the safe list for nonessential travel, and the move is expected to go into effect Friday, The New York Times reported. This means all Americans, vaccinated or not, will be able to travel to any of the 27 EU member countries for any reason. Individual countries within the EU, however, may have their own rules and might, for example, still require a negative COVID test or period of quarantine.

Don’t forget to check all official gov websites before traveling and any Schengen requirements… we are all a little out of practice with that I think :slight_smile:

Here’s the full article:

3 Likes

The reciprocal would be interesting

1 Like

Yes I agree… why just a one way agreement?.. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

All US residents that want the vaccine pretty much have received both already. I understand that it’s still not readily available to everyone in some countries. That may be the issue.

1 Like

The big difference is : The European Union gives the green light to American tourists, even unvaccinated.
So, it is only for economy

… but this is partly why the UK is still not allowing us Brits access to Europe, because BoJo is worried about what variant we will bring back into the UK.