Labels

Quick question - Can sitters see the labels on our conversations? Are they just for me, or open for everyone to see?

Weā€™re sitters and weā€™ve never seen any labels on messages other than the ones we create and put on ourselves. So, weā€™re pretty certain that labels are only visible by you. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @ClemCollins welcome to our community forum, thank you for joining ā€¦ thanks to @ScrewTheAverage for helping your with your question and they are absolutely correct, the labels are for members to organise their messages etc.

If you need any more help or advice please just ask our community is made up of both new and experienced members who are always willing to help.

Enjoy the conversations and we look forward to sharing in your Trustedhousesitters journey.

Angela and the Team

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many labels you can create.
I presently have 13. When I try and create a 14th, nothing happens.
Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™ve just tested on my account and Iā€™ve stopped at creating number 22 :slight_smile: When you click NEW LABEL, does it open up the box for typing the description? At what point does it fail to allow creation?

One suggestion would be to try logging out and in again, or refreshing the screen. If it still doesnā€™t work let us know and @Therese will be able to look into this for you.

Thanks @Vanessa_A . I have tried again on desktop computer rather than tablet and it has let me create more
Sorry!

2 Likes

No problemā€¦ glad itā€™s working for your now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @ScrewTheAverage and @Angela_L What is a label? Where do I find the ā€˜labelā€™?

@anon49809275 ā€œLabelsā€ are found by going to your dashboard, and then INBOX (only on the desktop version not on the app currently).

When displaying your inbox you will see a dropdown ā€œFILTER BY LABELā€.

You will see any labels currently created (as in my example) and an option to MANAGE labels.

Manage labels is where you can create new labels (which allow categorisation of your messages). You can use whatever label names you wish and apply colours of your choice. The labels then display against your messages and you can filter these.

The other option is to ARCHIVE a message which removes it from the display (but not if they are showing as ā€˜currently inactiveā€™ (i.e. theyā€™ve lapsed their account). You can view ARCHIVED messages from the menu on the left.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for including the helpful screen shot of your labels @Vanessa_A! Iā€™m creating labels now using it as a template.

1 Like

No problem! It would be interesting to see what other people use for labels tooā€¦ I bet there are some creative ideas out there for categorizing the inbox :wink:

1 Like

I understand that there are only labels for people you have messaged with. I would like the possibility to label also possible sitters (especially if they have saved my listing). Like this I wouldnā€™t have to read their profile all over again.
Is this possible?

2 Likes

If you have saved ā€œfavouriteā€ sitters, you will see that list below INBOX as ā€œMy Favouritesā€.

You can then apply labels to people in this list too in the same way as in your inbox. You can have more than one label on a message but you canā€™t have the same person in both lists with totally different labels (hope that makes sense).

The inbox of general messages and the favorite lists are the only 2 places Iā€™m aware of where this function currently applies for labelling. Unless anyone knows differently?

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa_A Thank you for the very detailed and thorough information! Yes, this helps, greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi @Vanessa_A Also, I always wanted to know how to archive a message/listing out of my inbox. Just tried this and it worked! Thank you again!

2 Likes

@Vanessa_A Is there a way to remove a listing from my inbox that is currently not active?

1 Like

I had never used the labels, I will take a closer look.
Thank you

2 Likes

Not on the desktop version, but if you have the app installed you can hold down on the message and youā€™ll get a pop-up boxā€¦

No longer need this message?
 Click 'OK' to archive this message ....

This will add it to your archive list which can be viewed in app and on desktop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Vanessa_A I just tried it and it worked! Thank you again for all of your help!

2 Likes

Ah, thank you! But itā€™s only the ones that I marked with a :heart:ā€¦ok, well if I find someone not suitable he would first be marked with the :heart: and then labeled ā€œnot for usā€ā€¦havenā€™t had this before :joy:

3 Likes