Listing two dates with different pets

I want to list two sits for 2024, one sitting just our cat and one with our cat and dog. I can’t seem to find a way to do this. Is it possible?

@kaik I am about to do a Christmas sit where the homeowners did this. At the very top of their listing, they wrote “For our December dates, only our cat will be present. We are taking our dog with us.” Then on the responsibilities section, they outlined the responsibilities for both pets in detail, but again noted at the top, that only the cat would be home for the December dates and that both would be home for the other dates. When you communicate with your sitters, it is important to verify which pets will be home during the dates that they will be sitting for you. . The only downside to doing this is that if a sitter is using the screening tool looking for sits with just cats, your sit will not show up for them, since your dog will be listed.

1 Like

Why don’t you just clarify this in your listing? I assume most sitters will read it before applying.

1 Like

personally, if there is a bit of a gap between the dates then I would do the first one first, then once you have secured a sitter for those dates, edit your listing and post the remaining dates

Thanks everyone. I was hoping there was a way round this that I’d missed, but obviously not. I think I’ll wait until the first date is sorted before posting the later one.

1 Like

I would say it depends on how far apart the dates are. If they are quite close I wouldn’t want to risk not to receive enough applications.

Hi @KaitK

1. Introduction section:
    Date - date: we’re looking for a sitter to care for our cat
    Date - date: we’re looking for a sitter to care for our dog

2. Responsibilities section:

Dog care:

• List dog care duties

Cat care:

• List cat care duties
  1. Double clarify in first email exchange.

2. Triple clarify on phone call prior to sending invitation.

Hope that helps! :dog: :cat:

Owners I have sat for several times have something like this in their listing, and will then clarify when they talk to sitters whether it is just the cat or the dog as well requiring looking after:

“We have two pets, a beautiful springer spaniel, and a tabby cat. When we are away in our caravan we are able to take the dog with us but require someone to keep an eye on our cat. Occasionally we will require a sitter for both animals when we are travelling further afield”

The issue is if people are ruling out dogs in their searches, they won’t see the cat only sit as the search system isn’t that sophisticated.

Then they have to pre-select dog and cat for the sit listing.