Looking for Japan Sit

I live in Italy and I’m looking for sits throughout Japan (no islands) I have been taking care of dogs and cats since I was 9 years old and now I have a Jack Russel and another small dog at home
I also had two cats and they both died of old age.

I consider myself a reliable person who also takes care of the home of those who host her.

Edited to remove dates as per the Terms of Service: Sitter Members may not advertise or promote their availability as a sitter to members on the forum.

1 Like

Your best bet is going to be to keep an eye on the listings regularly, but Japan gets few listings in general so the odds of one fitting your dates and location needs are slim.

2 Likes

It is almost no sits in Japan. Especially this time of year. As I have seen it is very rare that Japanese use THS, the ones that do are expats living in Japan.

You might want to set up a search for your preferred location, and you will get a notification if someone publish dates.

3 Likes

A friend of mine on THS tried to book a sit in Japan and found that most HOs prefer people to already be in Japan before they will accept them for the sit. So it might be helpful to wait until you are in Japan or closer to try and book something.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

Welcome!
@Capo01 You specify Japan and say no islands but if you might think about Jeju Island off the south coast of S. Korea you might find something. The Korean government has encouraged the development of 3 English language boarding schools (so their students will fluent in English and attend college in US/US/Australia. Teachers at these schools like to travel over school breaks. I had a delightful week on the island just before Covid shut the world down (actually had to rearrange my return flight because I was flying through Shanghai and it was shut down the day before I flew).
I sat 2 cats and a dog, all 3 of which had been adopted by the HOs while teaching - the cats in Japan and the dog in Shanghai.
The island is a great place to visit - good food, lots of art, a great museum of the lives of the Haenyeo divers (Haenyeo - Wikipedia). The Korean air and space museum (although most of the exhibit explanations and simulators are Korean only) is there. A Hello Kitty theme park, tea farms, a maze museum with probably the world’s largest collection of Rubik’s cubes (not all of them are cubes). I keep looking to get back.
Kina, Jeju Island

Rubik’s cube museum

tom

3 Likes

Hi there @Capo01! Welcome to the Forum! Can’t wait to see your adventures in Japan, it’s been on my bucket list for very long time. Which cities would you like to visit?

My top two are Osaka and Tokyo, but I am sure if I had the money/time, I’d visit many more.

1 Like

You might also like to check out Facebook as there is a group Housesitting and Petsitting Japan. I would, however, be very careful when accepting a sit via this method although I had 2 that went well in Aus via FB

1 Like

Check around U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas dates as the expats in the area sometimes travel back to their home country for the holidays.

Yes I would like to avoid the island because if I find another accommodation it will be difficult for me to move… I’m glad you had a good experience, great, keep it up

Ah thanks a lot…I didn’t think about it

1 Like

I’m landing in Tokyo, then I’ll definitely go to Kyoto too and I’ll do live broadcasts on tik tpk to talk about house sitting…but it all depends on where I’ll find the accommodation

1 Like

FYI, if you’re filming in the home where you’re sitting you should make the HO aware in advance. Many would not be ok with you broadcasting their home and pets onto the internet.

1 Like

But do you think I make videos at home? I mean life there, not at home

You said

Which to me would indicate that you’re in the house/showing the pets and house you’re sitting. If you’re not then that’s fine.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great plan :sunglasses:

There is another post on here about someone in Japan needing a sitter: The flight is end of November, so I'd like to confirm my sitter ASAP

They’re not in need of a sitter anymore I believe.