New and looking for July sitter in Lake district, England for 2 loving dogs đŸ¶

Hi everyone!
I have just joined and thought it’s an amazing idea! Only thing is that I have messaged around 30/40 people asking if they are free and half haven’t replied and half are not available. Is anyone else having a problem finding people?
Thanks!
Sophie

p.s. my listing link is in my profile

2 Likes

Hi Sophie and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the forum.
I’m sorry you haven’t found anyone yet but I’m sure you’ll get some good tips and feedback from our members and there’s still plenty of time. We are finding with the ever changing restrictions that some sitters are waiting until closer the dates to avoid any last minute changes, but I think we’ll also start to see more people happy to cross borders with more frequency in the coming months (this is already evident), and so things will start to normalise.

I just wanted to let you know that I’ve moved your listing to your forum profile which is where we ask members to put links to sits in the forum.

Fingers crossed for you and hope you find someone soon.

All the best
Vanessa and the team

2 Likes

Hi Sophie and Welcome

I can’t get the link to your profile to work and when I searched for you in the Lake District I couldn’t find you either.

Hopefully someone from Membership Services will be able to assist and I hope you find some lovely sitters to enable you to have a stress free break.

Best Wishes

1 Like

@Twitcher - you will need to cut and paste the link. I believe Sophie’s sit is listed under Carlilse if you want to find it that way :slight_smile:

As Sophie is new, it’s not a ‘live’ link - you have to copy and paste it. I did find her in the pet sitting listings.

@Sophie, your dogs are adorable and you have a lovely house. (I think we may have the same kitchen although yours is much bigger :laughing:). If I were a pet sitter, I would like to know if the dogs are happy in the car, and if I could take them on days-out with me. Needing a car might be off-putting for international pet-sitters, I dont know what can be done about that.

I hope you find someone soon.

2 Likes

Sorry - further thoughts. Obviously you’re using estate agent photos at the moment so it’d be good if you could put some newer ones up once you’ve moved in and say that in your profile. Sitters want to see the actual space they’re committing to. (I was confused by the ‘two boys’ and pink children’s furniture, then realised the boys are dogs :rofl: I read too quickly for my own good.)

1 Like

I would agree about the photos. Sitters what to see what THIS HO’s home looks like, not the spick and span previous owner’s home looks like.

1 Like

@Sophie , your dogs are adorable and your new home is In a lovely location. How far is it from shops, restaurants/pubs and food markets? Is there any public transport? Please state whether a car is necessary or if a sitter could manage without one. Offering a car would be a big plus. Right now, it seems to be a sitters market, so sweetening the deal may be a good idea.

I also think in addition to pics of the new house it would be good to include pictures of your present house, so people have an idea of what the home they’ll be staying in will be like. In your intro or under Home and Location, you should explain which pictures go with which house, as captions don’t appear when viewing your listing through the website.

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 12.10.35

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 12.10.58

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 12.10.06

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 12.10.43

2 Likes

Thanks for all the help :heart_eyes:
Arent they just the cutest :see_no_evil::dog: I’m a bit biased

3 Likes

Yes, they are super adorable @Sophie !

1 Like

Wish I could do the sit as I have been to the Lakes District before and love the pets!

Looks amazing!

Some other time :slight_smile:

1 Like