New to the community

Hi, we have just joined the community and are nervous and excited. We have 2 boxer dogs but when we go away with family there are 3. Owing to covid we have only been in England this year, but are hoping that this will change in 2022. Where we live we have a variety of wildlife in the field from visiting herons, ducks, squirrels, moor hens, and plenty of birds who we feed. We are really looking forward to meeting sitters and becoming friends with them.

6 Likes

Hello @Shaz. Welcome to the community. It sounds like you live in lovely surroundings, I am sure you will have a lot of success getting sitters to apply.
Fingers crossed 2022 will be a great year for being back to a normal way of life and we can all travel as we used to.

Hello @Shaz And welcome :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Hello and welcome @Shaz . I think I may have just been looking at your listing! We love the sound of all the wildlife you have. We have put out wildlife cameras in our small garden and were surprised by some of the visitors we saw. We knew we had foxes, but the regular badger visitor and the single appearance by an otter were a big surprise! Both our next door neighbour and my husband’s aunt who lived nearby had wonderful soppy boxers who were always ready for a fuss.

Hi Debbie, very nice to hear from you, you just reminded me that we also have foxes (they killed all our chickens) and an otter in winter who helped him/her self to some of our fish.!!! Our girls love to sit next to someone on the sofa and one of them talks to us when she wants something, and fortunately they dont slobber and dribble too much.

1 Like

Hello Samox24, thanks for the welcome, looking forward to all the communication with other members.

Hello Max-4-sit and thanks for the welcome. We do feel lucky to live with a 3 acre field, so don’t have to keep the dogs on leads. Although it does have it’s down side, with not meeting other dogs.

Hi @Shaz thank you for joining our community forum and for bringing Pippa, Cassie & Phoebe to TrustedHousesitters.

it sounds as though you’ve already attracted some sitter interest, not hard to do with our pet loving community … we hope you enjoy being here n the forum, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions, our community are amazing, supportive, helpful and very friendly.

Welcome again.

Angela and the Team

Hi Angela, we are so pleased with the welcome’s we have received and already feel part of the community, really looking forward to meeting and talking to people. thanks very much. Regards Sharon & Tom

3 Likes

Hi Shaz,
Delighted to hear you have Boxers! I always drool a bit myself, when I see Boxer-sits but haven’t been lucky enough to be available when needed.
We’ll be keeping an eye out for yours! Which county are you in?

Hi Myhnabird, nice to hear from another boxer lover, We live in England. regards Sharon & Tom

That’s handy - so are we (at least until travel to Europe becomes a bit more reliable). Feel free to reach out should you need a Boxer buddy!
Regards,
Mary