Newbie here from Hastings, England

Hello hello !
Newbie here !
I moved to a very popular seaside town in East Sussexjustviver a year ago and haven’t traveled since , however I’m planning a 3 weeks trip in late September
Is it too soon to start worrying that I’ve had no bites yet ?
I have two medium energy Podencos

rescues and two very shy cats ….

6 Likes

Hi @Podencolover

A very warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s forum.

I see you dates are live on your listing, so do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure.
The main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

I really believe you will find the right sitters. September is such a lovely time in the UK, and Hastings particularly is lovely.

There is also another thread that you may find interesting. For any other questions, do use the spyglass at the top to search for subjects.

All the very best,
Therese and the forum team

Hello!
It seems that the UK is a popular destination according to the forum posts, so I would not worry.

Members are great at offering feedback for an accurate and engaging listing.

So do add it to your profile!
And feel free to post here for much help and support!

1 Like

Don’t panic yet, @Podencolover. September is still a long way away.
I was born in Hastings and we’re very fond of sighthounds so would apply in a heartbeat if we weren’t already committed to Australia.

2 Likes

Hello @Podencolover and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Your Podencos and kitties all look adorable :dog::cat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As @Therese mentioned, you can add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This enables other members to offer any advice and feedback and extra exposure.

If you are unsure about how to do this or have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. We are all more than happy to help. :blush:

Also, September is a long way off yet and you live in a great location, so you certainly don’t need to worry about finding a sitter/s just yet! Yes, some sitters do prefer to book their sits a long way in advance and others not, preferring to book nearer to the dates.

Welcome, @Podencolover! I see you added your listing to your profile. Thanks!

As you asked: Yes, it’s too soon to start worrying. A very popular seaside town, for three weeks? Sounds sublime!

Other members may still chime in with feedback to improve your listing. Or you can just post again in a month or two and ask. Even if it were July 1, I wouldn’t be worried.

If this were a Christmas sit, I might say differently. Just because it’s hard to find sitters then.

As a seasoned sitter I would say don’t worry at this stage- your dates are 6 months away and many sitters, ourselves included, would not book that far ahead. We’re on a series of sits in UK till Easter and booking sits as we go.
As an exception we booked a sit in Spain for June/July already back in January! That’s the furthest we’ve ever booked ahead and only because it was an invitation and is an exceptional looking sit. So now we’ll be planning our summer around it!
But usually we would not book more than a couple of months ahead. There are many sitters like us- more spontaneous or last minute- but there are also many who like advance planning especially for a longer (3 week)sit. You just need that one special person to apply!
Good luck!

1 Like