No applicants at this point

I’m hoping for some advice here. I have requested a sitter for my place and placed the ad one month ago. In the past I received a few applications very quickly but not so this time. My date starts in the beginning of May and am getting a little nervous. I removed my ad for a week and in that time refreshed it and made it very appealing, nothing still. I have also sent out tens of invitations, all unavailable.
What to do?? Is there anything else I don’t know about that could help??
Noreen

Edited in line with forum posting guidelines

Hi @Noreen1

So that we can take a look at your listing to offer any advice, you will have to link it to your forum profile.

This is how to do that…

How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

1 Like

Hi @Noreen1

I’ve added your listing to your profile for you, so @Colin and our other members can take a look. :slight_smile:

Jenny

1 Like

Is there an issue with applications to sit in the Carlow area?? Thought I saw something but can’t find it again.

@Noreen1 your home and pets look very cosy and very well loved. The only think I can think of, is that car rental on such a long sit might be prohibitive for overseas sitters. Is there any chance sitters might borrow your car?

@andrealovesanimals: not putting you on the spot here, but thought this may be in your neck of the woods! Perhaps you might have advise for Noreen.

1 Like

I think it looks lovely. Personally I would not do a solo sit with 5 horses and I’m not free at that time. Anyway, I like the friendly tone of the listing and the animals all look gorgeous!

1 Like

Hey, Noreen! This isn’t a sit I could do, but when I read the listing I did wonder what “general tidying up outside” meant. I don’t know that this would turn anyone off – they can just ask – but it might be good to mention what kinds of things you mean and how much time that generally takes each day.

1 Like

Your listing looks lovely. A few things that I could think of for the lack of applicants:

1. Some sitters might not feel comfortable not having experience with horses-Can you offer training to non-horse experienced sitters
  2. This is a long sit without the use of a car included. Sitters may not want to pay for a rental car that long-could you offer your car for use
  3. The number of animals might seem intimidating to solo sitters. Could you open it up to families?
2 Likes