Not receiving housesit updates anymore?

Hi @prholst welcome back it’s SO good to see you back on the forum, where are you ATM? … Use the Direct Message option and we can have a real catch up … :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Therese, I had assumed that saved searches were saved searches on both the app and the website. I may have set up a search on the website and another different one on the app. Does this mean that my alerts & notifications are different? Do I need to set up a search on both in order to maximise notification?

Hi @ELNF
Yes, all your searches show on both the App and Website, regardless where you have set them up. Those set up on the website will create a daily email (providing there are new listings for that particular search), and on the App, you will receive instant notifications.
I usually put a little (app) behind my app saved search, so I know which ones I created on my App. If you do bigger saved searches like AnyWhere, UK, US or Aussie, I would suggest you do that on the Website, otherwise your phone notifications may never stop!

1 Like

Thanks Therese, I get the daily email, recently with just 1 or 2 sits but I can’t remember when I last received an alert through the app. Nor have I had any notifications of any of my favourites - after the holidays I will check to see if any of my favourites have new ads

Hi @ELNF Please let me know, and make sure you have push notifications enabled on your phone.

@Therese I checked last night and there was one of my favourites with available dates. I did not receive notification of it. Yes, push notifications are enabled

@ELNF I will need to check this with our tech team next week.

1 Like

@Therese Thank you