Off grid, many pets, tiny house, great location: welcome in Thailand

Hello world. We’re Mieke and François, a Dutch couple that decided to retire early and move to Thailand, to live a simple life in a tiny house, with a lot of land and a lot of animals. We built our own earth house here, in the middle of the rice paddies in Northern Thailand, near Lampang. We’re here now for 5 years, and because we live in our own paradise, we’re not desperately longing for holidays, but on the other hand there’s so much in this country that we have not seen yet, that we are looking for possibilities to make some trips or a longer holiday (see link in our forum profile). We may be considered as a little bit pet crazy awith our 3 dogs, a horse, 4 tortoises, a couple of chickens, a lot of birds, a bearded dragon, and a wild garden. Not to mention the many wild birds that visit our land daily, like myna’s, open bill storks, fantails, sunbirds, and if we are lucky a hoopoo…too many to mention them all.

11 Likes

Fabulous and very big welcome @MiqueFrançois
As a single person going to another continent and hemisphere I am not what you are looking for but just wanted to say that I admire what you are creating and hope that you will connect with the beautiful people you are looking for, those who will appreciate the very unique wonderful experiences you have to offer.
All the best

3 Likes

This is fabulous. I never would have seen it if you hadn’t posted here in the forum as I only ever search in the USA. I love and admire the life you’ve created for yourself and all of these beautiful animals, and also that you are so flexible and kind as to be open to dates that would work for someone visiting that area. A true citizen of the world.

2 Likes

PS Your listing is fabulous. love love love your space and you seem like beautiful people. :hearts:

2 Likes

A joyous life you’ve made for yourselves. I visited Lampang many years ago, spent about a week at the Thai Elephant Conservation Center in 2003.
tom

Thank you for this kind comment, @Amparo. We’re still feeling like we’re on holiday, even after 5 years in this beautiful country.

1 Like

We’re happy you like it, @SoloTraveler. We enjoy it every day.

1 Like

O yes, it’s beautiful to work with these elephants, @toml. Nice that you’ve been in Lampang. Most travellers go to Chiang Mai and miss the beauty of the less known destinations.

2 Likes

Hello @MiqueFrançois. I’m glad you found us. Thank you for introducing yourself.

I must say I’m impressed by the extent that you’ve followed your bliss by creating a paradise full of animals. “Crazy” is another word for making your dreams reality, and, the more people who follow their hearts and dreams, the happier place this world becomes.

As you’ve seen, we have lots of friendly forum members who love to share travel and pet stories, tips, and advice. In fact here on the forum you can do all of this and much more:

Our team is here to help, so please don’t hesitate to send a message if you have any questions. Our community members help each other have unique travel experiences while keeping pets happy at home. We’re glad you’re part of the community. BTW how did you find us?

All the best,

Karen E

1 Like

What an amazing place! We are new here to. My husband and I are in a transition time, trying to figure out what and where we are going to end up. I’ve been living all over Asia, but have only had the opportunity to visit Thailand. Always great to connect with people. We have just discovered this site and are looking for sits all over the place.

3 Likes

Beautiful. My husband and I lived in Indonesia for a year for work, and visited friends in Thailand. Stunning country, and wonderful you have such a variety of pets.
Our dates don’t line up right now, but your listing is a great match for my experience and preferences, so please keep me in mind for the future.
Also, as someone with beehives, it sounds like you have the perfect place to add honeybees to your menagerie. :blush:

Hi there.
We are always looking for pet sits in Thailand. Are you wanting to go away? We have also been following the elephant rehab centre posts. We live in Australia and planning our pet sits and ventures from Jan 23 to May 23.
Have a look at our profile.
Ps. We will be going to Thailand during these 4 months to have procedures done at Bumrungrad Hospital.
Gayle and Christian