Our first Voluntary Moderator - Welcome to the team @Snowbird!

I’m sure that many of you have noticed that @Snowbird (AKA Francine), has been helping us during the overnight hours from her base in Canada while we are sleeping in the UK/Europe. We are incredibly grateful for her help over the past year since the forum went live back in April.

So as the year draws to a close, we are very pleased to formalize her role as our first “voluntary forum moderator” and welcome her to the forum team! :clap: :clap:

Francine can assist you in many areas with her extensive house sitting and travel experience. She can also point you in the direction of useful posts and pinned information, and tag and alert Angela, myself and other TrustedHousesitter staff members in the case of an emergency. It is, however, important to remember that as a volunteer her views always remain her own and may not reflect official company policy.

We’ve said many times, this is your forum, and together we are all creating a special space for both members and potential members to share and help each other make the most and the best of house and pet sitting for us and the pets that mean so much to us all.

Wishing you all very Happy Holidays and here’s to a year where dreams come true!

All the best
Vanessa and the forum team!

15 Likes

Congratulations @Snowbird

8 Likes

Congratulations, this is great news

3 Likes

How absolutely wonderful to be acknowledged and been given an official title.
@Snowbird aka Francine you have been long time at the ready to help here on the forum which I am certain helps not only the members but the admin team.
Absolutely perfect.
Congratulations and happy Christmas!

7 Likes

Absolutely @ampara … Francine’s help has been invaluable to us all on the forum team! Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone for your appreciative and welcoming comments to this announcement.

As Vanessa says Francine’s help has been invaluable and like the other members of your forum team, her support comes from a place of knowledge and practical experience of living our pet and house sitting lifestyle. Consequently like Vanessa, Therese and myself she can support and advise with a genuine understanding of our community’s needs and aspirations and a deep knowledge of how the website and forum works.

Welcome (formerly) to the team Francine … aka @Snowbird :clap: :clap:

Wishing you all a very Happy Festive Season full of Joy & Goodwill and a memorable 2022 , memorable for all the right reasons …

Safe and happy travels everyone.

4 Likes

My thanks to @Vanessa_A and @Angela_L for their kind words and encouragement. I am always wowed by their dedication of this forum. I am happy to help, as they give so much of themselves in their roles.

I have certainly not been alone in regularly giving feedback to the wide range of interesting questions and conversations that come to the forum. I recognize many usernames of those who repeatedly give excellent advice and support to others here. I may be the first voluntary moderator, but there have been many doing the task alongside me this year. Kudos to you for that. :clap:

I have always enjoyed volunteering, and know full well that I often get back far more than I give. Being here, with so many ‘new friends’, is enjoyable and often heart-warming.

From snowy Canada :canada: I wish everyone a healthy 2022 full of joyful memorable moments and experiences.

Francine

13 Likes

That’s great news, and congratulations @Snowbird. I’m used to reading your wise council so this is not surprise!

4 Likes

Great news - and a really helpful addition for members in different time zones. In my humble opinion, you could not have picked a better member than @Snowbird to take on this role - Her comments are always so wise, calm and constructive.
Thank you for agreeing to accept this new role Francine - Merry Christmas !

5 Likes

Congratulations! I hope that you are getting some benefit (reduced/free membership) in return for your services.

2 Likes

Great news. Couldn’t have picked a better person for this job. Congratulations Snowbird.

4 Likes

Well done @Snowbird !

2 Likes

Warmest congratulations @Snowbird Couldn’t have happened to a nicer, more qualified person. :clap: I guess you’ll be keeping some late nights now. Our gain! :heart:

4 Likes

Warm congratulations @Snowbird for being recognised for your tremendous input, advice and care on the forum.

3 Likes

Congratulations to Snowbird - a fellow Canadian!

3 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball::champagne::balloon::tada:

2 Likes

Congratulations @Snowbird….your gracious assistance and encouragement is always welcome and much appreciated!

3 Likes

Congratulations @Snowbird! :partying_face: The “official” designation is well-merited.

Your helpful and balanced comments add a lot of value to forum discussions. I’ve always been impressed by the willingness and generosity with which you answer people’s questions. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird for all the messages we could read from you on this forum. You do a great job ! Thank you for doing it in an official position now. Bravo !
:clap:

4 Likes

I just want to take a moment to say a collective ‘thank you’ to the many people who said such kind things about me, and congratulated me. I have said to Vanessa that it was a wonderful Christmas present, and it really touched my heart. Thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes