Our first Voluntary Moderator - Welcome to the team @Snowbird!

It is very well deserved Francine.

2 Likes

Congrats on this!!

2 Likes

Today will be my last day as the voluntary moderator. When I took on this role, Angela and Vanessa were the two key moderators and were both based in Europe. They worked tirelessly (and still do), and with me being in Canada, I was happy to step in and help. Since then, team moderators where added to cover the North American time zones. At that point I thought it was appropriate for me to leave, but all team members encouraged me to stay, and appreciated my input. I thank them for that.

It has been a growth experience for me, as I’ve learned so much more since I first started as the voluntary moderator, both from the team and from the forum community. My core reason for taking on this volunteer role was to help people, which is one of my core reasons for also being a house and pet sitter. However, I’m ready to now step back and leave you in the capable hands of the expanded moderator team. I will still be on the forum, but not as a moderator.

My thanks to everyone – team members and forum members – who have continually shown their appreciation and thanks for the time I’ve given in this role. I’ll take this opportunity to repeat my mantra, when it comes to the key point of arranging a successful sit, for both owners and sitters:

Communication is key; the awkward questions are the important ones.

Happy travels to you all.

Francine

21 Likes

Thanks so much for all the long hours and hard work you put into helping the community, Francine — it was VERY much appreciated! Enjoy your freed-up time, and the rest of us will be happy to read your wisdom on here as “a regular.” :blush:
Really, thanks for taking this on.

6 Likes

@Snowbird
Thank you Francine for volunteering your time to the benefit of others to steer many of us in the right direction. I personally have learned a lot from your posts. While some people may not have agreed with some of your comments you have always responded in a professional and diplomatic way. Your communication style is a good example of how to thoughtfully and helpfully communicate on this forum. Plesse keep posting when you are able. Thank you again for your support. I hope we get to meet in person one day. Regards, Jenny

8 Likes

@Snowbird I will forever be in your debt for the friendship and guidance you provided me and the other new moderators over the past several months. Your mentorship and gentle nudging has been key to us coming up-to-speed as quickly as we have.

You are an amazing person who has brought joy and great ideas to all of us, sitters, homeowners and moderators alike. We will miss reading your words on a daily basis but are looking forward to hearing about the additional pet sits and new interests you’re able to take on in the days to come.

Thank you for the wonderful impact you’ve had on this community. And on me.

All the best,
Karen

7 Likes

Many thanks @Snowbird (Francine), for your excellent, tactful help and advice you have given to many on the Forum. You have been a wonderful asset and very much appreciated by the Forum members. Please keep offering your words of wisdom.

6 Likes

Francine we have had our personal conversation, you know my feelings about losing you from our small and dedicated team and the gratitude we have for your support, words of wisdom, professionalism and attention to detail.

I could use many more superlatives but my final words are simply this, you have been invaluable, you will be missed. Thank You.

Although I know you will still be here on the inside - outside … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

You’re just a wonderful person and have been such a stellar example of what this community has been all about. You give/help more than you take - in fact I don’t have an example of a time you have taken anything from this community. I am so glad that joining the forum team included meeting you. So all this is really just to say…thank you for being you.

5 Likes

Francine: Thank you for all that you have done for our forum. Happy that you will stay on as a participant. Happy sitting!

Lynn

4 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird for everything you have done for this wonderful community. You have been such a great help. I love reading your posts and learning from them. It has been so great getting to know you. Happy travels my friend :green_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you, @Snowbird for your time and the many words of wisdom that you have shared with the group. I love to read your comments, they are always written in an honest, calm and diplomatic way - you have been, and I will always be a real asset to the group xx

7 Likes

When you told us your decision yesterday, my heart sank because you have always been such an invaluable source of honesty, diplomacy, inspiration and wisdom to us all. You have provided clarity and support pretty much every day since you joined with such commitment and dedication - hours and hours of support for our community. You have a special mix of skills (which importantly includes humour and the ability to raise our spirits on difficult days behind the scenes!) and that will be missed not just by the moderation team but by so many others too.

But hey we are talking like this is the end… as Angela says you’ll still be here “on the outside”, and I very much look forward to seeing what the “outside” Francine brings to our community. I have no doubt it will be wonderful X

5 Likes

Thanks @Snowbird! You will be missed in your current role, but I look forward to your continued honest and sensible contributions. You have been one of the best moderators on the forum.

7 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird for your help and experience here on the forum. You have been a truly wonderful role model. Your ever watchful eye, your clear, concise and wise replies will be sorely missed. I only wish you well. Thank you.

5 Likes

Many, many thanks @Snowbird for the times that you’ve responded to my questions and for the help that you’ve provided to others.

When you first accepted the role of Voluntary Moderator, I wrote that you add a lot of value to forum discussions. This still holds true. I’m continuously impressed by the manner in which you respond to posts and encourage communication between sitters and HOs. I’ve learned a lot from you. Thank you!

If we were together, I would raise a glass in your honor. As this is a forum, emojis will have to do. :clinking_glasses: :champagne:

8 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird for all of your help on the forum and giving your time to help others. It is most appreciated. :clap:t2::clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird for all your help. As new team moderators we found coming to you for guidance and knowledge was invaluable . I don’t know what we would have done without your help and positive reinforcement! You will be greatly missed! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Hello Beautiful Lady;
Just wanted to remind you that you have been invaluable and your dedication and selfless service has been recognized and appreciated. I hope that you will now enjoy the peace and serenity of your time and that it is filled with the very best and wonderful things that you truly enjoy.
Much love and gratitude Francine @Snowbird.
X

8 Likes

@Snowbird
Thank you for being my go to when I joined, sensible answers and useful tips.
I’m still hoping I can get you to sit for me at some point. I’ll make sure I include all the relevant photos and information on my guide :wink:

2 Likes