Portugal!

Hi @evag008
Stay calm and breathe deeply. Tackle each step of the process one at a time.
All requirements for Portuguese entry can be found here on the official government website.

Requirements vary depending on your nationality and where you are travelling from and through.
I was not able to find sits in Portugal either that fit the dates of my travel and I was prepared for that and I have to say I am quite satisfied with how it all worked out.
Travel from Spain into Portugal is not complicated at all and there are several options that you can tailor to your budget.
Most major airlines have service from Spain to Portugal such as TAP & British Airways
Budget no frills airlines: EasyJet and Ryan Air
There are trains and buses as well. You have to do some researching.
Rome2rio has a decent range of suggestions

I have been sharing my travel experiences in this thread
It was not without its challenges and the only flight that was delayed was the last one, Paris to Lisbon by 45 minutes because someone’s luggage had yet to make it on board. The Paris airport, from my experience is to be avoided if possible. People were great but it seemed a bit chaotic.
Don’t as yet know much about Porto because frankly it doesn’t interest me as much anymore. I like to travel slowly and relish the time in the places I am in. I’m not much for rushing around trying to see everything.
I found my apartment on AirBnB after a very long time searching and saving, and deciding.
In Lisbon, many of my AirBnB saves quickly got booked. It is a desirable popular place but there are numerous places and transportation is very easy via bus and train. I went with a bit of an upscale hotel for my first night in Lisbon. I will be returning and staying in Lisboa for a week before my return to the US. I have still to plan that out fully.
Advice: create a budget and look to see what falls into that. Portugal is not expensive at all compared to the US and UK but that is subjective.
Be aware that if you travel with luggage, public transport becomes a bit challenging. There are stairs and cobblestones everywhere.
Have Euros to pay for taxis/transport from airport. Most accept credit cards but your card may not work or they may tell you they don’t accept cards. They prefer cash. Airport taxi cost more.
Remember to always go back to the first step, breathe and stay calm.
You will figure it out, most likely not in every detail but it will all work out.

I had several unexpected things happen and many moments where I mumbled some expletives but overall I am very pleased and actually surprised at the wonderful choices I made.

Feel free to ask anything anytime. There are many people here who can chime in and help.
All the best.

3 Likes