Queen Elizabeth Has Died Today At Balmoral, Scotland

@Amparo I have a parallel mother/queen birthday story. Their year of birth was also off by a few years (my mum would have been 100 this year). The queen’s true birth date was in April, but the official date used for celebration was June 2 (google that, for those curious). My mother, each year, was not impressed that the queen stole her birthday. My mum was a gentle, kind soul, but that irked her. :heart_eyes:

Exactly four years ago we house sat in a remote home just 17 miles from Balmoral. We got there just the day before she was to make an appearance at the local Highland Games. We decided not to attend, but I had seen her up close years before when she arrived to give a speech next door to where I was working. Passing several times Balmoral and because of my background I was curious about how they provided security in a location with so much country surrounding it. I had visited Balmoral decades before. Our next house sit was in Normandy. Our host it turned out was a retired London Policeman, who was a member of the security staff at Balmoral for two years. He had all the answers and some great stories to tell including seeing a ghost walking the grounds of the castle and latter told that the Queen had seen it many times.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Due to the time difference, I could only catch the first bits of the ceremony but glad I did :heart:. From the two corgi’s to the RCMP horses, four legged friends always have a part in our lives.

Over the past few weeks I often went to the youtube livestream of people paying their respects. As a former girl guide,I burst into tears when two young guides plus a scout stopped & did the promise hand sign :sob::sob:.

May we remember the last remaining people of her era & how to be good humans.

6 Likes