Queen Elizabeth Has Died Today At Balmoral, Scotland

It is with sadness that we share this news from the United Kingdom

Queen Elizabeth II, the UK’s longest-serving monarch, has died at Balmoral aged 96, after reigning for 70 years.

Her family gathered at her Scottish estate after concerns grew about her health earlier on Thursday.

The Queen came to the throne in 1952 and witnessed enormous social change.

With her death, her eldest son Charles, the former Prince of Wales, will lead the country in mourning as the new King and head of state for 14 Commonwealth realms.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: "The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

“The King and the Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow.”

10 Likes

My very deepest condolences to all the people of The United Kingdom.

5 Likes

Our thoughts are with her family and all who loved her during this incredibly sad time.

The Queen dedicated her life to public service for more than seven decades with nothing but dignity and devotion. She inspired people around the world and her passing will be felt by many.

Her love for animals was unquestionable, especially her corgis and horses she was the royal patron for more than 40 animal charities .

21 Likes

@Angela_L so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Queen. this is very sad news.

4 Likes

Farewell your Majesty. Rest easy.

8 Likes

A very sad day on the loss of a life well lived and well loved. She will be remembered for lifetime of tireless service. A constant in a life of rapid change.

5 Likes

The Queen has always been in our lives. To realise she no longer is, is hard to believe. What an amazing woman she was, putting duty and service to her people and the Commonwealth before all else. So loved by so many. Being in England right now, the coming days and weeks of mourning will stay with me forever. Thank you, Ma’am, for a job well done.

11 Likes

Thank you, Your Majesty, for leading us through the darkest days and being a great role model for little girls around the world over the past 70 years. You were an amazing leader in a world that sorely needs great leaders.

May your memory be a blessing to us all.

9 Likes

“A wonderful story about a wonderful person” RIP #TeamTrusted

Source: War Doctor by David Nott

For more than 25 years, surgeon David Nott has volunteered in some of the world’s most dangerous conflict zones. From Sarajevo under siege in 1993 to clandestine hospitals in rebel-held eastern Aleppo, he has carried out lifesaving operations in the most challenging conditions, and with none of the resources of a major metropolitan hospital. He is now widely acknowledged as the most experienced trauma surgeon in the world.

15 Likes

That’s it. The dam has burst. :sob: Now if I can only find a dog to pet and feed biscuits to …

5 Likes

Had to share this poem by J Boyle that’s circulating on social

Phillip came to me today,
and said it was time to go.
I looked at him and smiled,
as i whispered that “I know”

I then turned and looked behind me,
and saw I was asleep.
All my Family were around me,
and I could hear them weep.

I gently touched each shoulder,
with Phillip by my side.
Then I turned away and walked,
with My Angel guide.

Phillip held my hand,
as he lead the way,
to a world where King’s and Queens,
are Monarch’s every day.

I was given a crown to wear
or a Halo known by some.
The difference is up here,
they are worn by everyone.

I felt a sense of peace,
my reign had seen its end.
70 years I had served my Country,
as the peoples friend.

Thank you for the years,
for all your time and love.
Now I am one of two again,
in our Palace up above.

Sleep tight :heart:

14 Likes

:sob::sob: May she be at peace with her beloved :heart:.

As a :canada: & :new_zealand:, this is an interesting time & a bit of an odd feeling. She’s the only female monarch I pled allegiance to as a child at school, her photo looking over ppl in government offices etc, she’s on our coins/$20 bill etc.

Thankful she was able to experience her Jubilee :heart:.

9 Likes

well said @Karen_E
my 26yo daughter phoned me at 12:30am Friday morning Australian time saying I think The Queen has died. I chatted to her for a while and again during today (Friday). My daughter who is not a monachist is quite emotional over The Queen’s passing saying she embodies the perfect role model for women everywhere.

8 Likes

Beautiful story of a beautiful Woman HM The Queen was.

and this one…

5 Likes

Glad she was in balmoral she was her happiest there she could just be herself there.

4 Likes

Rest In Peace.
Elizabeth the Great, they just called her on BBC.
She’s been a permanent fixture of the UK for so long. It’s crazy to think that the “old guard” is almost gone

5 Likes

I think it’s going to take quite awhile for it to sink in properly, even at over 60 years of age I’ve never known a time when she was not there on the throne. A truly selfless and remarkable example to everyone. Her body may be gone, but her spirit will move on. Condolences to all of her family and everyone who is feeling the loss today.

7 Likes

Perhaps I can apply to be these cute little guys’ sitter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Her love of pets and corgis goes back a long time :two_hearts:

6 Likes

I’ve heard she got her first as a gift from her HM, her father. That would create an incredible lasting imprint of everlasting love and comfort.

So funny story, my mother was a huge follower and she loved telling everyone that she shared the same birthday as HM, the late Queen.
I was 67 years old when I found out she lied :laughing:.
She was off by 2 years and 3 days.
Mum!! :face_with_peeking_eye:
Yet another childhood belief crushed!

1 Like