Removing “Review Requested”

Hello. I’ve requested a review but I know they are not going to complete the review since it has been years. Is there a way to get rid of it so it doesn’t say review requested? I have a perfect track record other than this one person not reviewing my sit.

3 Likes

@SunshineAndAloha - we are in exactly the same situation. I asked the same question recently but was told it is not possible to remove the ‘review requested’ - it is there to haunt us forever! :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s annoying :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. It’s a bummer for sure.

1 Like

Do you know if they do the same for hosts?

1 Like

This was the response I received.

Hi Colin,
I am so sorry for the late response but was checking in with tech if there was any way we can help you with this. Unfortunately, there is no way to remove this pop-up as it is built into the website, and cannot be individualized. I really am so very sorry about the irritation and frustration of this.

2 Likes

I think what bothers me most is that it makes it seem like the host chose not to leave a review for negative reasons. I know that mine was with a pet that was 18 years old! And that pet died about a month later. I accidentally sent the request, and very untimely as well :cold_sweat:. The whole thing is as unfortunate. Now like you said, it’s there to haunt me forever.

2 Likes

Thanks Colin. :sob:

1 Like

We are mystified why our host did not leave us one - It is just the one and we thought the sit went well. We left her one, I waited a week or so and then sent her a request but she never responded. I didn’t want to chase her again so left it at that and she is no longer a member now anyway.
I am more miffed as I like a tidy dashboard and that pop-up is forever just hanging around!

4 Likes

Hi @SunshineAndAloha @Colin … it is frustrating and has happened to me for no apparent reason to my knowledge anyway, other than the pet parent/owner’s oversight.

1 Like

Perhaps the solution is not to individualize it, but to expire these outdated messages. For example, give the HOs N months to respond and then remove the message. For everyone! (Just my 2c - we’ve managed to get all of our reviews - but maybe someone dealing with it could make the suggestion?)

4 Likes

Some people just don’t leave reviews. There are times when there are other reasons for a non-review, but I am willing to bet that the number one reason is it those people don’t review anyone. I have had six sits, and have five reviews. The non-reviewers did a fine job and seemed to enjoy the sit, I left them a review and sent a reminder. Got nothing in return.

Also, I went to the profile’s of the people who’d left them a review (can we still do that?) and of the dozen or so reviews they got - they’d not left a review for a single one. I’ve been an Airbnb host for over a decade. I’d say that about 10% don’t leave reviews, even though I have no reason at all to think they were unhappy.

I wouldn’t sweat it. If you’re not getting reviews 3/5 times, then, maybe, there’s cause for concern, but if one or two people out of ten don’t leave you feedback or a review, just move on.

1 Like

There’s also the issue that as sitters we are sent an email to say please leave feedback for the HO. When you click the link in the email it takes you to Trust Pilot and not to the HO’s profile. So many sitters think they have done the review but it’s gone to the generic THS thread instead. It’s been flagged as disingenuous many times! :grimacing:

3 Likes

That is so annoying. The same thing happens to us HO’s.

1 Like

@Cuttlefish the email messaging has been revised and is now clear regarding leaving feedback

Please take a look at the latest on the attached link to this thread. Hope this helps to clarify.

1 Like

I had the email only last week @Samox24 after an Istanbul sit that finished 25/2. Still with the trust pilot link in it. It only comes if the Ho requests the feedback. I know not to do it. Just flagging. BTW that thread link is still saying the same as me as of 5 days ago….

3 Likes

Hi @Cuttlefish I am tagging @Carla and @Therese so that the next time one of them is on they can look into this for you.

My 5* review email on 27/2 had the new message @Cuttlefish and it’s much clearer about it’s THS that is being reviewed on TrustPilot not the owner. Thank you THS for listening to your members on this issue.

2 Likes

Before applying for a sit, I always check if the HO has reviewed other sitters. If they haven’t, then I don’t apply.

3 Likes

Hello @Cuttlefish. The congratulations review email copy has been recently updated to show where you go to leave feedback and that the other button goes to Trustpilot

At the top, it has a link to your profile to read your review and leave the owner feedback, it explains the review button underneath is for TrustPilot and to review the company.

2 Likes