Search parameters

Hello, is there a way to do customized location searches such as - all locations except United Kingdom? Or for the Asian continent instead of specific countries? So many of the sits are in the UK, which we’ve already spent a lot of time in and is not a priority for our future travel. And when searching in Asia, apparently we have to put in specific countries which is quite inefficient as we are open to many countries in Asia. And can a search be limited to sits posted within the last x number of days?

Maybe I just don’t understand how to use the search tool. Any advice appreciated!

For what you need, it would be way easier if you look via the map. Just pop in anywhere on the map, but then zoom in on asia, or the EU etc, also, it’s easier to look that way on a laptop rather than a mobile for what you want.

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s an option to search “everywhere except” but here are a couple of things which might help with what you’re trying to do.

• You can search for locations using the map, rather than searching for specific place/country
  • What you can do is use “sort by” to show the most recently listed sits first.
    Hope this helps.
1 Like

As others have said, no, there is not an “except” or “not”, but I vote strongly for it as a future option! I could see a secondary field when selecting a larger area. Using your example, select Asia, all countries included are listed below with checked boxes and you can deselect any you don’t want.

I’ve been asking for this for 3 years with zero updates from the team, I would’t hold your breath!

1 Like

I would LOVE to see TH develop a more robust search tool (i.e. something that would let you search for or omit multiple areas, or search for a specific type of sit such as one that mentions “cabin” or “ranch”).

2 Likes

This most common Boolean search operator (specifically NOT UK) has been requested for as long as I can only remember. The chances of it being implemented are minimal to none. Keep in mind that THS is a UK-based company with a primary focus on promoting UK sits, or so it appears.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses. Sorry to know that this functionality doesn’t exist, but I’ll try the idea to use the map or google it instead.