Share Your Captivating Wildlife Photos

A standard for the eastern US is the red cardinal. Usually hangs around the same feeder as the blue jay, but for me, the cardinal is much prettier.

10 Likes

We are wild in South America

2 Likes

Capybaras are very large hamster looking rodents that bark like dogs. Run quickly for very short distances, completely harmless.

8 Likes

Capybaras that had escaped a Toronto zoo had the city enthralled a few years back. Those things are huge!!

3 Likes

Yes they are! 33-65kilos
They roam here freely undisturbed.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/are-capybaras-rodents-and-5-other-capybara-facts#:~:text=Meet%20the%20capybara%20(Hydrochoerus%20hydrochaeris,and%20snacking%20in%20flooded%20grasslands.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Amparo! I did some temp work at an office many years ago which was at the centre of a city zoo, and I always loved seeing the Capybaras on my way to and from work!

2 Likes

Not as impressive as some of the previous photos in this thread… But I did find him quite cute, chilling out on our gate in Bangkok.

11 Likes

Molly finds a tiny garter snake. A rocky area near the lake where I see snakes daily. One sniff, one bark.

3 Likes

Roosevelt Elk 700m from my housesit in Brinnon WA USA

8 Likes

I made a little friend at Deep Sea World! He looked so pretty when he swam around in front of me!

5 Likes

This was taken in Barbados, when we went swimming with Hawksbill Turtles off the West coast. :heart::barbados:

5 Likes

I thought I’d share the latest from my Dad’s hedgehog cam… as you can see this is a very strange looking hedgehog :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Beaver returned, damming up a big culvert. Creek water rising. Removed a big log loosely sitting on top to open a channel. Wait for city public works to remove the dam mud and sticks.

Video of first discovery:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @DavidZ081 - that sure is a strange-looking beaver biting at those twigs :rofl:

Here’s the Beaver caught today

1 Like