Share Your Captivating Wildlife Photos

I just had a 3 week cat sit in Tanzania, in a private wildlife reserve, full of free roaming zebras, wildebeest, elands, vervet monkeys and all kinds of other wildlife - no predators, as the 10,000 sqm estate was fenced.

12 Likes

My typical Canadian wildlife video of a beaver giving his “Tail Slap”. While on my 4 month summer sit 2023, a big wind storm blew a large willow tree branch into the pond.

Within days, a beaver found it. He came every night for 2 weeks to chew the leaves and bark submerged in the water - no risk of predators.

While walking my Owners German Sheppard around the pond one evening, we scared the beaver. He swam back and forth to the ends of the pond, where he would do a “Tail Slap”, dive down, turn and come up a minute later near the middle of the pond.

I saw this pattern of swimming, tail slapping, and turning many times. Finally got it on video! Ha!

9 Likes

I took this photo whilst visiting Boulders Beach in Simon’s Town, South Africa. These are just a couple of the adorable African Penguins that live there. :penguin::south_africa::heart:

12 Likes

A chill bull moose in my yard. Boulder County, CO USA

12 Likes

Wow, what a great photo @Aztoma This is one animal that is on my to-see list now I have moved to CO!

2 Likes

Wow @Aztoma - that definitely puts the birds in my garden to shame :joy:

3 Likes

What an epic photo, @Aztoma! Such a majestic animal!

1 Like

This is a Blacktip Reef Shark we spotted about to swim over the drop off on the North side of Kurumba in the Maldives :shark::maldives:

6 Likes

@Carla. You could just do a sit at my house and probably see a moose. :smile:

3 Likes

@Aztoma Feel free to DM me your listing link and if our dates ever align when you post I will reach out to you :smiling_face:

1 Like

From a sit in Surrey

7 Likes

Elk playing in Evergreen Lake in Colorado, USA on my current sit.

9 Likes

I thougt it was pretty cool seeing Elk everywhere here in Evergreen, CO. But a moose is amazing!

3 Likes

@Makelikeanapeman What a great action shot! We have not been lucky enough to see Elk yet and only visited Evergreen in the winter, but your picture is an inspiration to do a summer visit now the weather is nicer (fingers crossed for some wildlife!) :deer:

I saw a momma moose and her newborn this past weekend. :heart:

12 Likes

That baby is so cute!

2 Likes

This week, I saw a badger up close, 2 meters or so, first thing I did was to take a step back. Unfortunately, I did not get my phone out fast enough.

I wondered, how does a dachshund act in such a case?

4 Likes

A wonderful photo of a fledgeling bluetit, taken by my Dad, just after it finally left the nesting box!

9 Likes

Was plowing through my photo archives and found a couple of images to share. First two are California Sea Lions in Monterey, a Rissos Dolphin also in Monterey and then an American avocet at Shoreline park in Mountain view part of the San Francisco bay wetlands.

7 Likes

We had this bear walk thru our yard this AM.

Rare but special!

8 Likes