Sitter Membership levels, advice

If I am looking at sitters to watch my fur baby, does the sitter membership have any effect on me: Basic, Standard, and Premium**

Should I look to hire a premium-level sitter over a Basic level sitter ?

UK- Insurance reason- liability coverage

Say I have premium owner level does that provide all the protection I need?

The quality of sitter isn’t reflected in their membership level.
I am a basic member (no longer available to new members). I have 50+ 5 star reviews and many years experience whereas a premium sitter may have no experience. Go for the best match and your gut feeling.

11 Likes

Hi @alicat and welcome to the forum where you are going to find answers to most any question you can think to ask!

Personally, as a pet parent turned sitter, I can say you really aren’t going to get a difference in caliber of sitter…only a difference in what they want out of their membership. Basic sitters/pet parents all must adhere to the same rules/regulations for sitting, but premium parents/owners and sitters are just looking for additional benefits, which include insurance coverage for cancelled sits, airport passes, advanced support, etc. If you take a look at
Find the Perfect Pet Sitter! Home & Pet Sitting Made Easy | TrustedHousesitters.com, you can compare the benefits of each tier of membership. You will be involved with a great community of like-minded people, no matter which level you choose.

I also see you have not linked your member profile to your forum profile here How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile - Owner & Sitter Exchange - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum. By doing so, other members can easily connect and view your profile to see dates you need assistance.

Good luck and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out where anyone here will be ready to help you!

3 Likes

There isn’t going to be any difference for you. The different membership levels come with perks for the sitters but not everyone needs those.

3 Likes

Thank you Twicher for your reply. My concern is about insurance and claims coverage at the different levels. Do you know about that?

Unfortunately not but I suggest you use the spy glass to search for previous threads about the topic. There has been much discussion around insurance etc.

@alicat I am going to tag @Therese-Moderator to see if she can assist you with more info on this topic.

Hi @alicat
I wanted to confirm, that there is no correlation between a sitter membership and a pet-parent/owner membership benefits. The various tiers for the sitters are for their own benefit and do not transfer to a pet-parent/owner. You can look at all tiers for sitters and it is the profile and person, that talks to you best, to make your choice.
For you own peace of mind, the benefits of the premium will give you the added cancellation protection.
I hope this helps explain a little better.
Best wishes
Therese

1 Like