Tea or Coffee?

@Lokstar I always take my own tea bags with me to India too! :sweat_smile::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Foldor13 the gingerbread syrup sounds interesting, I have never tried this with coffee before so I shall keep an eye out for it! :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

There are several different makes which all have a slightly different taste, but I havenā€™t found one I donā€™t like yet :wink:

Ahhh, Kicking Horse Coffee from beautiful Invermere BC. We lived 30 years near there. Gorgeous region. Great picture and I love your method!

1 Like

Tea, first thing in the morning, followed by a cup of dark roast coffee, strong. I like PG Tips tea and can get it in Mexico but now I canā€™t wait to try Yorkshire Gold. Sleepytime tea before bed. I always carry teabags in my daypack and we carry a plastic pourthru coffee filter from sit to sit. Thatā€™s how important tea and coffee are. Great topic.

Coffee. But when I travel , and at home I like to go to afternoon tea.

4 Likes

@ExploreDreamDiscover I thought I recognised this hotel, we have been in Hotel Granduca for Sunday brunch! As memory serves me rightly this is just down the road from another of my favourite restaurants in Houston called Yauatcha which is right by the Galleria!.. have you been in there? :sweat_smile::slightly_smiling_face:

We are the same though, we love Afternoon Tea, if you are in the UK you must try Afternoon Tea at Cliveden House in Maidenhead, Berkshire, it is just superb! :ok_hand:t2::blush:

@Samox24 I havenā€™t been to Yauatcha. Sadly itā€™s now closed. Thanks for the tip about Cliveden. I must go!

@ExploreDreamDiscover Oh thatā€™s such a shame! I hope The Cheesecake Factory is still there?! :sweat_smile:ā€¦ However if you are in London there are 2 Yauatchaā€™s you could try, one in London, City and the other is in London, Soho.

Yes you will love Cliveden, plus itā€™s set in beautiful grounds and there is a lot of history there too! :blush:

@Samox24 Oh yes , Cheese cake factory is still there.

1 Like

@ExploreDreamDiscover thats good to hear! :+1:t2::sweat_smile:

Iā€™m also a tea drinker. Like many US folks of my generation, I grew up drinking Coke/Pepsi/etc, then switched to Coke Zero or some other diet soda as I hit adulthood and my metabolism slowed. But thatā€™s not healthy, so Iā€™ve switched to tea.

Coffee? I had my first coffee in a monastery in Meteora, Greece in college. A friend and I hitched a ride there with a monk who was out running errands, and he treated us to (Turkish) coffee when we arrived. He spoke Greek and a little German, I spoke a little German, and my friend spoke a little Latin. It made for quite a conversation over that thick, tarry coffee. Not my thing, but I had to finish it to be polite. Iā€™ve not been interested in trying coffee since! :rofl:

Recently @Angela_L shared some Yorkshire Gold with me, and now Iā€™m hooked. Before leaving London to head home a few weeks ago I stocked up. The guy who searched our bags in Customs got a laugh when he asked if we had anything we were bringing in, and I said ā€œjust a huge bag of teaā€, then he found the huge bag. It will last me for quite a while! :grinning:

Iā€™ve recently just tried a chaga kombucha and it tasted like root beerā€¦it was so good! Is there a particular one you would recommend?

1 Like

If youā€™d like to try tea blends give a try my favorite USA based company is Steven Smith Tea maker. Iā€™ve never liked any US tea companies until I tried this one and they make some AMAZING tea! Iā€™d love to pour you a cuppa when youā€™re in SD next.

@Kelly Iā€™m going to have to look out for this one too as I have never been a fan of US tea companies either! :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

@Kelly I would love to take you up on your offer! Thanks!

1 Like

This could make a convert out of me! LOL

Coffee drinker, morning and later in the day. Grew up in New Orleans so partial to dark roasts - and with chicory if I can find it but not too common.
Iā€™m satisfied with a French press coffee maker and if a house has one will use that, even over the fancy new nespresso, etc. They seem like a lot of wasted packaging.
My current sit has a super fancy Miele that grinds the coffee by the cup!
Which is fine, but at home, Iā€™m perfectly happy to use my cold brew.

1 Like

Hot chocolate one for winter and freeze-dried one for using as a straight-up coffee substitute. Health food shop or amazon.
Sorry coffee drinkers I love the smell and taste - it just does not love me :rofl:

My husband is an avid coffee drinker with all of the gadgets and now loves Yorkshire tea too!

2 Likes

@toml
I grew up in Lake Charles, LA. Sometimes I
drink Community Coffee with Chicory.

1 Like