Visual map & timeline of completed sits on sitter profiles

There was a moment in time when sitter profile pages had visual representation of the sits they’d completed in the form of an interactive timeline and pins on a map.

We miss this feature, for a couple of reasons. It was really neat to see where we’d been, and it also accommodated a bit for us being full-time house sitters. Meaning, our profile has a ‘home’ location, but we’ve spent a year or more away from this location on multiple occasions. However, many times a homeowner will look at our profile and assume we’re in that US city, where in reality we could be on the other side of the world.

Having a visual map and timeline on the sitter profile page shows our ability and willingness to travel, as well as the diverse types of sits we’ve completed.

Is there insight into why this was removed, or a chance of it being added back? We’d love to see it again!

1 Like

Ooo, that sounds like it was fun!

1 Like

It was a really cool feature :star_struck:

1 Like

Oh yes, I was so disappointed when they removed it. I asked about it then if it could be added, but never got a response. Would really love to have it again.

4 Likes

Never saw this but looks pretty cool.

2 Likes

It looks rather as though that was a piece of 3rd party software that might have been free at some point but then started to charge and was therefore dropped for obvious reasons. Other, similar mapping Apps are available to embed in your own Websites & blogs and you could conceivably link that to your profile.

3 Likes

Yes, we really enjoyed the feature too. Have kept our own version since it was withdrawn.

2 Likes

Have you tried any similar mapping apps? The ones I find are more than I need, I am looking for a simple one that basically just shows where I have been. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

What are you using? Would love to know. Thanks, Cindy

1 Like

Oh nothing sophisticated although some folk have maps of different world areas that they can scratch to show where they’ve been. We just draw onto the original TH map.

3 Likes

Oh I so agree, I miss that feature so much!! I asked why it was removed and the response I got was that home owners didn’t care about the feature. So the profile was streamlined to highlight features that owners cared about more. Wish it’d be brought back though!

2 Likes

Think its similar to TripAdvisor map

2 Likes