Well...hello again everyone from sunny Southern Spain

Hello again? Whats that all about you ask?
I’m Al a retiree and I have lived in Spain now for coming up for 9 years. My lovely wife Paula is now a shop manager in a lovely little town not far from Mojacar on the Costa Almeria.
We were sitters with THS back in 2014 until early 2016 when we eventually succumbed to the charms of a beautiful ragdoll cat called Bella, who ‘grounded’ us :rofl: :grinning:
And so our amazing journey ended. We had such a blast travelling to many parts of Spain and Portugal back then and completed around 20 sits if I recall. What a life we had.
Since then Paula has been involved in charity work and enjoyed it so much that she now is the manager of our local shop. Travel opportunities for us became further curtailed during the pandemic when we took on a beautiful pair of kittens in June 2020.
However…now that we have moved home and the pandemic is hopefully :pray: getting less of a global threat we have decided to become THS pet parents.
We had two opportunities to get away this October (to see family in another part of Spain) and a Christmas break to the Canary Islands.
Not wanting to put the three mouseketeers into a cattery we rejoined THS a week ago and advertised our sits. We were wondering how we would fare with these requests especially the Christmas sit.
We needn’t have worried. We got several enquiries from lovely sitters and filled both sits in two days!
So we are all set!
We would just like to encourage any prospective sitters and pet parents to just go for it. As I said, we had a wonderful time on the road and stayed in some breathtaking locations and beautiful homes with the most amazingly fantastic animals…dogs, cats, horses, donkeys and the occasional goldfish :tropical_fish: :wink:
We have an amazing collection of photo and video memories and I even wrote a book on the joys and do’s and dont’s of sitting and how to treat owners pets and properties.
And now we get to complete the THS experience as owners. The bonus is that we know just what we can do to make the sitters feel at home and be happy looking after our animals.
Its all good!

10 Likes

How wonderful @Almerian I’m sure your experience as ‘pet parents’ will be pleasurable and you’ll return home to happy cats. Great that you know just what your sitters will need

Welcome back @Almerian! So nice to have a ‘family’ of pet lovers to revisit, after your time away!!! Lovely to hear about your past experiences, as well as your current success finding folks to care for your little one. Happy travels!!!

1 Like

Welcome @Almerian!

Thank you for joining our community forum. You are going to find it is filled with answers to most, if not all, of your questions and enquiries.

My name is Debbie and I am one of the forum moderators, as well as a sitter member of TrustedHousesitters. I was an owner member for three years and have now moved over to a sitter membership, so I have insight into both sides of the memberships.

I am hoping this info will help you find your way around the platform and interest you to join in the conversations. It can be a little daunting and confusing at first, so we included this handy guide

How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

Our members are connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another. Please take a moment to introduce yourself About the introduce yourself category - Introduce Yourself - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum by giving us as little or as much info as you prefer. If you are confused on what to say, we have some great suggestions:

• How long have you been a member of Trustedhousesitters?
  • Where is your home location?
  • As an owner, tell us about your pets.
  • Share pics of you, your own pets, or pets you have cared for or are caring for.

It is also helpful to link your forum profile to your member profile for additional exposure here How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

We are always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns.

Also, can I just ask how you came upon the forum and decided to join? I am always curious as to what drives someone to a certain site.

Have a great day!

Debbie – Forum Team Moderator

eHH

2 Likes

Hi Smiley… Thanks… Just sitting here with the cats who have really settled in well. Nice to know that THS is still a popular choice for animal lovers… All good :heart_eyes:

2 Likes