What to do when owners don't leave feedback?

It seems these days that no matter where you go , you receive a follow-up request for a review so I suppose some people are getting burned out on the request. On the other hand, we would like to think that this should be the exception right? However, we are all traveling which will certainly cause us to forget the review ESPECIALLY if we don’t receive a friendly reminder AND that the process for doing so isn’t easy peasy. We really need to count on THS to be the strongest advocate for this process. No way would I ask for a review!
Please THS team…expedite a smooth method for this important process! Both Sitters & Home Owners are counting on you!
Most of us have been conditioned to only respond to reviews. Think of going to eat, booking a hotel, YELP, VRBO, Air B&B etc etc.
Sorry for the long message. I’m passionate about this topic!

2 Likes

Thank you @1gypsygurl and we so appreciate your feedback. This is a subject and process under review by the Product Team as we know the importance and relevance of reviews and feedback to members. They drive success and build trust in the community.

1 Like

In another thread I suggested that before the HO can set dates for a new listing he has to write a review for the last sitter. This would easily solve the problem of forgetful HOs :wink:

4 Likes

I immediately ask for a review from the homeowner and stress the importance of it for me. I acknowledge that I realize they may have other immediate priorities after a trip. I think after I’ve cared for their pet and home, it’s not unreasonable for me to expect that in return. This has worked well for me anyway. I also follow up with timely reviews of them, and a response to their review of me. To me, these are basic courtesies.

2 Likes

Hi @Vanessa_A and @Ben-ProductManager we finished our last housesit, with no more booked, but have still not received a reminder to leave a review. The HO was very proactive and did hers the day after, without prompting from an email, so I don’t know when she would have got an email. I received the “congratulations on your 5 star…” Email.

Hi Jackie… I’ll check this out with Ben tomorrow to see if there’s any update and get back to you. Good to hear you got your review though!! Take care, Vanessa

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa_A and @Ben-ProductManager
Having just started our summer of sits for this year it’s disappointing to discover this fault has still not been fixed.
Neither I or our homeowners have had a prompt to review. We have other sits booked (though I still didn’t get a prompt last year when I had no more sits booked). They have other sits listed but have no applicants
Jackie

Hi @JackieX could you please check that you have opted into all email coms. Could you please get in touch with membership services on this and provide the relevant details of the Sit.

Its an odd one as I personally have just received the review email (this was on both sides) It is sent out 1 day and 3 days after the Sit.

Thanks, Ben

In the short term, if this issue occurs again, you can also request a review via the web/app straight after the Sit.

Thanks, Ben

Yes! That’s a great idea. Much fairer to everyone.

Hi @Ben-ProductManager, there is also another current thread in relation to this and @JackieX is not the only one experiencing this. I can’t remember the last time I received this prompted email. It’s now 5 days since I completed my last sit and no email on 1 day and 3 days after. I have resorted to requesting a review today which I have had to do for past sits because the prompt emails never come through. As I mentioned in the other thread, my notifications are on and spam checked. @Therese was looking into it. Does THS automatically prompt a home owner to leave a review?

1 Like

Hi @temba thank you we will pick this up with product and CRM considering the number of members this seems to be affecting ATM.

HO here…had s sitter over Easter and remember getting a prompt to leave a review shortly after the sit finished. Another sit finished last Tuesday, and this time there have been no prompts to leave a review.

I can confirm that neither I nor my HO’s have had either prompt, and I do have email notifications on

We also have never received any prompts to complete review as sitters. I will see if I get one in a couple of weeks as a homeowner. Notifications are on.

1 Like

Hi @Angela_L, is there any more to report on this issue of no email being received by owners and sitters re leaving a review/feedback? Thanks!

Hi @Ben-ProductManager
I’ve just finished my last sit of the season, i.e
I have no more booked.
I have had no email reminder for a review for any of them.
Yes I am still opted in to receiving emails
Thanks
Jackie

We have never had an email reminder for a review.

We give our feedback immediately the day after the sit ends then wait up to a week for the home host to leave us a review. If we have not received a review in seven days I send the homeowners a direct message to politely ask if they would mind doing so.

All but one have done so with pleasure - the one that didn’t I just left

2 Likes

Hi @JackieX I’m sure Ben will respond but I’m also going to tag @Therese who will pick this up for you when she is back online.

1 Like

@JackieX I will investigate this further with Ben and the tech team. Please bear with us in this regards.
Kind regards
Therese

1 Like