Whitby travel notes

@Crookie haha yes we certainly will! :red_car::sweat_smile:

Stunning photos too btw :camera::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Here’s some Staithes photos for you @Debbie so you can reminisce!

6 Likes

@richten1 here are some RHB photos to help you reminisce about your family holidays

7 Likes

I’m hoping to see more of Whitby when I’m in Northallerton in August @Crookie as have only ever had a few hours there.

2 Likes

@MustLoveCats I thought you would appreciate this photo… just walked past it and remembered your post! … plus I agree with you, it is fab in there although there are so many nice places here for fish and chips it’s hard to choose :sweat_smile::slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

What fabulous pictures @Crookie and @Samox24! Thanks for giving us all a little walk-through of Whitby.

3 Likes

I just realised that our profile photo on the forum is in Whitby - you’d probably need a magnifying glass to see it properly though!

4 Likes

Love this pic. Ahhh the memories of going there! The atlantic salmon which i ordered twice!
The bus ride on the Elizabeth.

To think that a famous man did his navy training at Whitby named Mr Cook and got on a ship to land in the country I was born in!

4 Likes

@temba definitely also visit Staithes and Saltburn-By-The-Sea. We were inspired by actor Robson Green’s TV show Weekend Escapes. Don’t know if it’s made it to Australia yet but is worth watching. He has recently been recognised with a special Outstanding Contribution to North East Tourism in praise of his efforts to champion the region through his programmes.

3 Likes

@MustLoveCats as Australians it’s quite surreal to be in the place where Captain James Cook started his sailing career.

When we were in Portsmouth in November we also visited the commemorative plaque where the First Fleet to Australia set sail in 1787.

4 Likes

Thanks for this link @Crookie. Have added Staithes and Saltburn-By-The-Sea to my ‘places to visit’ list!

3 Likes

Thank you @Crookie & @Samox24 for taking me on a tour of a place in England that I would never have thought to visit … you’ve done such an amazing “Tour Guide’s” job that it’s now on my “domestic” sit/hit list :clap::blush:

2 Likes

Wow these pictures are beautiful :heart_eyes_cat: I’m definitely adding this town to my sit list too! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes